What's new

Adguard crashes on USB or Time Machine transfers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Funnyland123

Regular Contributor
Hello, I got an Asus AX86U and installed Adguard Home on it. 2 GB Swapfile Entware and everything that was needed was also done. If I surf the net normally, everything works great. Quite a lot of DNS queries and a lot is also blocked.

To the problem: I would like eg. Watching a movie from the USB HDD in higher resolution Adguard crashes first and then the whole router. Then the router restarts and then everything works again until I try again. Even if the imac makes a time machine backup, the system crashes. If I pull the USB stick on which Adguard is (I have already tested another one), there are no problems USB works and also Time Machine. Only Adguard Logically not anymore.

Does anyone have a tip why I always crash everything?

Funny

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-11 um 23.41.02.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-11 um 23.41.02.png
    104.5 KB · Views: 86
Hello, I got an Asus AX86U and installed Adguard Home on it. 2 GB Swapfile Entware and everything that was needed was also done. If I surf the net normally, everything works great. Quite a lot of DNS queries and a lot is also blocked.

To the problem: I would like eg. Watching a movie from the USB HDD in higher resolution Adguard crashes first and then the whole router. Then the router restarts and then everything works again until I try again. Even if the imac makes a time machine backup, the system crashes. If I pull the USB stick on which Adguard is (I have already tested another one), there are no problems USB works and also Time Machine. Only Adguard Logically not anymore.

Does anyone have a tip why I always crash everything?

Funny
What type of usb are you using for running AdGuardHome? Let's start there.

I have my instance of AdGuardHome running on a 1tb usb3.0 Samsung SSD, but I don't use time machine backups or stream movies from a USB attached to my router. To be honest, You probably have so much USB activity going on that it is in general crashing your AdGuardhome which already uses a lot of processing juice and router memory especially if you are using big blocklist (blocklist with 1million or more domains).

My advice to you is to have a separate access point for all those extra features you are using such as streaming and time machine backup.

Last edited:
So I tested 16 GB Intesso 2.0 / Sandisk 32 GB / 3.0 and 64 GB xLYNQ 3.0. Everything without success. The HDD is 6TB and you guessed it right I have a damn big list. With over 1 million. But even with a smaller list (the standard list) he has the problem.

Whether the router creates it no idea.
I had already thought of "diversion" but I failed with the installation.

So I tested 16 GB Intesso 2.0 / Sandisk 32 GB / 3.0 and 64 GB xLYNQ 3.0. Everything without success. The HDD is 6TB and you guessed it right I have a damn big list. With over 1 million. But even with a smaller list (the standard list) he has the problem.

Whether the router creates it no idea.
I had already thought of "diversion" but I failed with the installation.
I wish I could be of much help, but running adguardhome on the router level definitely eats up alot of memory usage. The only thing I could recommend trying is setting up a 10gb swap using amtm, this will increase how much memory ratio your router would commit to a process, but the problem is the over use of swapping alone could be what is crashing your router. I am sure the other processes you are trying to run are meeting a brick wall when adguardhome is running.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!