What's new

Advice for Disconnected /ISP DHCP is not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Vexira

Part of the Furniture
Is it safe to enable both
Extend the TTL value and Spoof LAN TTL value

because currently to fix it ive been switching between two ISP modem/router mac addresses, they issued me two because they assumed their was an issue with the VoIP on the original unit when someone had set a static ip address on my connection that disabled viop on it.

im just wondering since I did test it with both on and was having issues with my phone connecting to the wifi I just wasn't sure if there was a step I was missing as in rebooting my entire network after enabling instead of just the router.

should I reboot my dreteck vigor 130 also?

Last edited:
These options are mostly intended for some specific ISPs (one of them in Malaysia if I remember) where they force a TTL of 1 to prevent you from using a router to share your connection. Outside of that, I don't see why anyone in a civilized country would also need these options. Maybe in an hotel where they might also want to prevent you from resharing your connection.

These options are mostly intended for some specific ISPs (one of them in Malaysia if I remember) where they force a TTL of 1 to prevent you from using a router to share your connection. Outside of that, I don't see why anyone in a civilized country would also need these options. Maybe in an hotel where they might also want to prevent you from resharing your connection.
Oddly I was reading that some people with the ISP DHCP is not working tested these to alleviate the issue, I just had it happen yesterday to me for the first time in a while I just changed Mac address and just worked properly again it seems to happen at random times not sure what is going on with the NBN here in Australia or Optus my ISP.

I'm half guessing it's to do with Thier leasing of IP address, I know for a fact it takes forever to re sync the VDSL every time the power goes out or you do a firmware update on the modem.

Optus NBN fttn requires Mac spoofing.
Connect the Optus supplied modem and get connected.
Then switch to after market router and spoof the Mac of the Optus router.

This limitation is unique to Optus fttn services.
NBN services from other providers do not need this also Optus NBN fttp, hfc etc do not require this.

Whirlpool has a wiki that assists with getting after market routers such as Asus connected to various NBN services.
https://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/fttn_registered_modem_router

Last edited:
I'm using the Mac clone seems I have to alternate between two of them, form time to time it seem that I get the wan DHCP is not functioning error soon as I switched to the second modems Mac it works, Optus have me two because of an issue I had with initial setup voip, broke because they set a static IP on it

I just started having this problem. It started right after I updated to 384.12. It's happening multiple times per day. I also found the suggestion to change those TTL settings. As soon as I did, Netflix stopped working so I changed them back.

I just started having this problem. It started right after I updated to 384.12. It's happening multiple times per day. I also found the suggestion to change those TTL settings. As soon as I did, Netflix stopped working so I changed them back.
I had YouTube stop working, after enabling the settings, I've had the issue happen ever since I got the VDSL2 installed on nbn

Careful there... Sounds like that "s---hole countries" comment someone recently made, and I'm not too sure we're the ones to hold up the beacon of civilization (whatever that might be - maybe the person with the most nukes gets to define civilization since they hold the keys to complete destruction).

Careful there... Sounds like that "s---hole countries" comment someone recently made, and I'm not too sure we're the ones to hold up the beacon of civilization (whatever that might be - maybe the person with the most nukes gets to define civilization since they hold the keys to complete destruction).
Can’t we just talk about routers and networks?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!