What's new

Advice on malware mitigation networking.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Msmia42k

New Around Here
Hi. I need advice on best layout for security. I have 2 routers and isp gateway. Routers are asus ac1200v2 and netgear c6300. One will most likely be connect momentarily to pc with remote admin trojan. What is best course action. I have ipad i use on wifi also. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I wish I could do that. There are sone services and drivers I gotta shut down while in safe mode. I never make it. Ive spent and tried and almost but never. If i do get to download anything It is locked or rewritten by malware. I was going to get Norton, Kapersky, or GeekSquad to remote in and fix.. If it can be remote fixed.
All those rescue and live boot cds. I gotta download.

you need to directly boot from the live cd.
Remote will have same issues as before.
Hope bios or MBR are not infected. Complete wipe of system and bios only option that i am aware of.

Hi. I need advice on best layout for security. I have 2 routers and isp gateway. Routers are asus ac1200v2 and netgear c6300. One will most likely be connect momentarily to pc with remote admin trojan. What is best course action. I have ipad i use on wifi also. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I can't follow that :D it sounds like she/he wants to setup it instead of fighting against a infected computer:

I need advice on best layout for security
I have 2 routers and isp gateway. Routers are asus ac1200v2 and netgear c6300.
One will most likely be connect momentarily to pc with remote admin trojan.
What is best course action.
I have ipad i use on wifi also.

am I the only one here who can't follow the thought here? o_O

I wish I could do that. There are sone services and drivers I gotta shut down while in safe mode. I never make it. Ive spent and tried and almost but never. If i do get to download anything It is locked or rewritten by malware. I was going to get Norton, Kapersky, or GeekSquad to remote in and fix.. If it can be remote fixed.
All those rescue and live boot cds. I gotta download.
I said "use another PC to download and create a bootable antivirus rescue disk". If you don't have one do you know someone that has a PC that can download it for you? Or use an internet cafe.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!