What's new

Aegis Aegis (simple yet effective protection)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

done update ............. but always the old one version 1.4.6

Immagine.jpg

same here, upgrading via web didn't work. Afterwards it still said version 1.4.6
Also confirmed via commandline.

Upgrade via commandline did work though (aegis unset, aegis upgrade, aegis up)

Thanks all for this feedback.

Found the problem. Web update sees"up" in "upgrade" and thinks the command asked is up ;)

Will fix that soon, abut be aware that once it will be ready, since actual version has the bug, upgrade from command line will be necessary, but upgrades after that will be ok again.

Fix upgrade from web (will work when upgrading to next version)

PLEASE, UPGRADE THIS WAY:
From command line:
Code:
aegis upgrade

Last edited:

Web Companion:
Fixed minor bug where some log lines were not reported in the web interface.
Aegis Core: Changed the show log algorithm to one similar used in Web Companion log display (based on awk, a lot faster and more efficient than shell based) + some optimizations and code cleaning.

Web Companion:
Fixed minor bug where some log lines were not reported in the web interface.
Aegis Core: Changed the show log algorithm to one similar used in Web Companion log display (based on awk, a lot faster and more efficient than shell based) + some optimizations and code cleaning.
Up and running, thank you!

aegis updated ... only the log stopped at 2 hours ago
it is 9 pm but the log shows 19 and does NOT go on.
i did REFRESH and SHIELD UP but nothing.

Immagine.jpg

after several reboots, the log has updated and runs smoothly

Last edited:
aegis updated ... only the log stopped at 2 hours ago
it is 9 pm but the log shows 19 and does NOT go on.
i did REFRESH and SHIELD UP but nothing.

View attachment 28815

after several reboots, the log has updated and runs smoothly
Ok, to keep an eye on...

aegis status is saying is logging is enabled or disabled (or status in Web Page)

To stop logging, the important command is
aegis log -disable or aegis up -log-disable
Or from Web Companion

To enable logging:
aegis log -enable or aegis up -log-enable
Or from Web Companion

To stop aegis, then restart firewall, aegis and enable logging:
aegis down; aegis up -log-enable -net-wall

Ok @D3FenD3r , it appears that for some reason, the log daemon is crashing. Probably a difference between R7800 and R9000 (I can only test on R7800).
I will revert the daemon to how it was on 1.4.9, and it will be fine (provided you did not have this problem with 1.4.9, right?)

Reverted log daemon.

For @D3FenD3r (or others who experienced this bug): aegis down then aegis up with logging.

Only difference is $(wc -l some file|cut -d' ' -f1) that was in 1.5.0 $(wc -l <some file)

Not sure why it would not behave the same. Result is same on R7800 (faster because not calling cut).

New option in command line:
Code:
aegis log -live
To display the log real-time (like in the web log tab).
To exit, use CTRL-C

Also, tried something else in the log daemon; @D3FenD3r tell me if the bug is back in this version (and please confirm it was gone with 1.5.1), if so, I will revert again and just not touch it further.

updated, log started, after a while it froze.
I enter the router and "aegis log -live" shows some old lines and nothing moves.

if you want me to do something

put this on and off again

aegis down; aegis up -log-enable -net-wall
and aegis log -live works too

when this happens, the log appears to be blocked

updated, log started, after a while it froze.
I enter the router and "aegis log -live" shows some old lines and nothing moves.

if you want me to do something
Thank you @D3FenD3r
What happens is that for you, the aegis log daemon who is feeding the log file is crashing when it uses the command wc with an input like <file, but it seems fine using it like wc file.
I am not explaining now and here the technicalities.
Bed time for me.

Tomorrow morning, I will simply revert to the "wc file | cut" way instead of "wc <file" one and it will be working again.

I might ask you after that to run some test code, just to understand why the < version is crashing on your setup.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!