What's new

[R7800, R9000 & probably others] Blocklist based Firewall addon

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

You are kidding! You and @Voxel are great. I wonder if Netgear knows that their crappy locked firmware created a community that so damn great.
The community here is great, and @Voxel firmware is really a blessing. I only bought the R7800 because of his firmware.

@KW. could you try the same command I asked you, but instead of -p, using -a
I can’t post the full command here, the forum is blocking me each time I try to post something containing
/bin/uname -first letter of alphabet

Perfect, thank you! :)
Ok, so the next release will offer a install script able to install iprange on R9000.

However, to avoid you to wait until next release, here is how you can install it (go to your USB first cd /mnt/optware or sda1 or whatever it is for you):
Code:
wget https://voxel-firmware.com/Downloads/iprange_1.0.4-1_r9000.ipk
/bin/opkg install iprange_1.0.4-1_r9000.ipk
Enjoy :)

Last edited:
Man... I dont find the words. Thank you very much this treatment is more than anyone can ask for and with no claim of counter performance. Just pure good will. Its rare in this world but its here. Thank you!

Code:
- firewall-blocklist version: v3.2.2  
- iprange is installed: iprange 1.0.4  
iprange: Ignoring text after hostname 'Members' on line 1: ':  
  iprange: DNS: 'Members' failed permanently: Name or service not known     
- Firewall blocklist is set and active.    
- Filtering 620017030 IP adresses.  
- Logging is on.

v3.2.3
Should correct this iprange: DNS: 'Members' failed permanently: Name or service not known warning you have. ;)

Man... I dont find the words. Thank you very much this treatment is more than anyone can ask for and with no claim of counter performance. Just pure good will. Its rare in this world but its here. Thank you!

Code:
- firewall-blocklist version: v3.2.2 
iprange: Ignoring text after hostname 'Members' on line 1: ': 
  iprange: DNS: 'Members' failed permanently: Name or service not known    
- Filtering 620017030 IP adresses. 
- Logging is on.

Did it all from with in and did not use your site. Just the upgrade command:)

Code:
Info:
- The script is properly installed.                                                                                    
- firewall-blocklist version: v3.2.3      
- This is the last version.  

EDIT

Code:
Status:                                                                                                                 
- firewall-blocklist version: v3.2.3                                                                                   
 - Filtering 620169848 IP adresses.                                                                                     
- Logging is off.

After using the blocklist for some time now. I just want to report it is working very good! I again want to thank you for sharing it. It is a install and forget about thing because it works so good. But its a delight to know that under the hood your work is constantly making my home safer. Thank you @HELLO_wORLD .

You’re welcome :)

I am working on improving it (not restarting firewall after an update if it is not needed, preventing the interruption for a few seconds or less of the protection during an update, and the ability to manage larger lists, and to install on internal drive for people without USB drive; also allowing for filter to work ASAP after a router reboot without the need to manually restart script or firewall).
Since the actual version is working well, I am not in a rush.

After using the blocklist for some time now. I just want to report it is working very good! I again want to thank you for sharing it. It is a install and forget about thing because it works so good. But its a delight to know that under the hood your work is constantly making my home safer. Thank you @HELLO_wORLD .

v3.3.2

Version 4 will come soon.
No major changes compared to 3.3.2, except:

Change of name : script will be named aegis (like Zeus shield) instead of firewall-blocklist.
That will imply to rename some files, I will post instructions, because doing a simple upgrade won’t be enough.

And script will edit .profile to allow to directly use the command aegis without having to type /opt/bolemo/scripts/aegis

Thank you a lot for this.............running this internal along with 2 piholes.....this setup competes very well with any pfsense, opnsense setup without any additional hardware......

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!