What's new

AI MESH ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX6000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rinobattista

Occasional Visitor
Hello, I am modifying my entire home network, having wired the house. I switch from Fritz box to Asus with a desire to protect my entire network with a VPN. Tomorrow I will get this router, which will be my main ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX6000 router; i also bought six Asus zenwifi ax 1800 to extend my network with Ai mesh system. To these can I add the GT AC 5300 and the ASUS ROG Strix GS-AX5400 without creating problems for the aimesh network? I know they are compatible but will the wifi network work really well or is it better not to mix? Can you advise me something? Thank you.

That's an awful lot of WiFi! How big is the house, and how thick are the walls?

Too many devices could end up reducing your WiFi speeds, and with that kind of spend, if you do need it, then there are probably better and cheaper solutions!

I'm a great believer in knowing what you are trying to do rather than how you are trying to do it! *And I make mistakes!

*GT-AX6000 user with a single RP-AX56 AiMesh node in the one place the WiFi would otherwise be dodgy!

They are about 300 square meters plus the upper floor, the tavern and the garden. I chose Asus because I need the vpn, to know who uses the internet, for how long and for what (son); and also have the guest network.

Sto cercando di avere in aggiunta alle cose che vi ho descritto un'ottima copertura wifi per tutta la casa e il giardino.

Hello, I am modifying my entire home network, having wired the house. I switch from Fritz box to Asus with a desire to protect my entire network with a VPN. Tomorrow I will get this router, which will be my main ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX6000 router; i also bought six Asus zenwifi ax 1800 to extend my network with Ai mesh system. To these can I add the GT AC 5300 and the ASUS ROG Strix GS-AX5400 without creating problems for the aimesh network? I know they are compatible but will the wifi network work really well or is it better not to mix? Can you advise me something? Thank you.

Start with one router. Only add an AiMesh node, if you need it... not too near, not too far, not too many (too much WiFi is counter productive). The more models/firmware you try to integrate, the more admin overhead and hardware/firmware issues you can expect.

OE

Last edited:
Hmm, I was thinking with a 300sqm (2700sft) x 2 floors PLUS garden, PLUS tavern, you'd probably get away with a router and two or three AiMesh nodes. If this is a commercial property though, with high numbers of visitors though you are bordering on needing a dedicated backhaul (if your rewire didn't include network cables). If you have a high number of visitors then I'd say you really need to get in a professional and have commercial access points fitted! In a complex commercial setup, you'll save money by getting in an expert and doing it properly just the once!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!