What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AX6000 ai mesh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

zazabnr

New Around Here
Hi Everyone,

I am upgrading my setup using 3 x ROG Rapture GT-AX6000, one as main router and two as ai mesh node running wireless backhaul.

I understand that ethernet backhaul is always more stable and faster but I just do not have the budget to do re-cabling for now.

My question is with wireless backhaul, should I run it under 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz?

Thanks guys

Upgrade to 3x RT-AX88U Pro instead. GT-AX6000 has firmware delays, RT-AX88U Pro has three Pro firmware releases already. Both are basically the same hardware.

Upgrade to 3x RT-AX88U Pro instead. GT-AX6000 has firmware delays, RT-AX88U Pro has three Pro firmware releases already. Both are basically the same hardware.

Are you running them using wireless backhaul or wired?

I don't run AiMesh. RT-AX88U Pro though is the newer model router and seems like is getting more love from Asus.

There is no need to upgrade. Even though the RT-AX88U Pro is the superior hardware. (if a purchase today was required).

Instead, use the excellent routers you have and upgrade to a wired backhaul instead.

Your network will be transformed. Particularly if your wireless nodes are currently heavily utilized.

You always want the fastest band, using the 2.4GHz Band will limit your throughput immensely.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!