What's new

ai-mesh compatibility issue between ac3100(20379) & AC68U(20624)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RT-AC66U-B1 does support Aimesh. Mine runs the latest firmware just fine!

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk
as I said in other post, I do see that on uncle's router but I I have no knowledge on that as I did not buy that router for ai-mesh for my uncle.
I dont want people to rush and buy those, then later come blame me for things not working.
Just like some people will blame asus for what t-mobile should support, just have to be cautious.

To get this straight, the only way the f/w update allowed your RT-AC68U yo be seen as a node is if you took it off line, reset it, plugged it into a pc or laptop with an Ethernet cable, went to the GUI, updated the f/w from there then told it to be am AiMesh node?
Just trying to understand how you did this manually.
Thanks
Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
I dont take it offline, I simply go the the firmware update page and upload the firmware
20624 aimesh2.png
it upload and takes sometime to update just like it normally would.
I also did not re-download the firmware, it's the same 20624 firmware that I had issue with.
So maybe there was glitch on the auto update process? or bad luck ? I dont know for sure as happy wife happy life for now with ai-mesh up and running.

And doesn't seems like others are experiencing issue with similar setup.