What's new

Ai Mesh on DSL-AC68U - Some questions

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ian NZ

New Around Here
Long time watcher and first time poster so be gentle please I have some questions.

I have a dusty DSL-AC68U sitting in the cupboard that I would like to utilise. I have managed to convert it into a RT-AC68U by using the following.

nvram set odmpid=”RT-AC68U”
nvram set asuscfeodmpid=”RT-AC68U”
nvram set asuscfecommit=1
nvram commit

Then loaded the standard RT-AC68U firmware and it will go into AiMesh mode (Node). What I would like is to be able to do is setup ethernet wan mode (i.e. use ethernet port 4 as the wan port as the DSL-AC68U doesn't have a wan port)

How to setup Ethernet WAN mode in DSL-AC68U/R
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1016292

I can SSH in but lack the skill to come up with the CLI commands anyone like to help me out? I have tried to set in the GUI before setting the AiMesh mode but during the reboot it destroys the WAN to Ethernet setup but I can still SSH in so might be able to do this after setting up the mesh?

Cheers

PS Great work Merlin

Carefully change back everything and use GNUton's firmware based on Merlin for your DSL-AC68U!