What's new

ai trend micro protection vs vpn

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
nothing to explain

so i guess to summarize you really need both. ai protection to protect your router and devices on your home lan, and a vpn to protect their traffic. I would agree with you that if you had to choose you should choose ai protection for security over a vpn. Although I would disagree to say it would protect your privacy, when it in itself is compromising your privacy. For example a vpn isn't tracking your activity and keeping logs on it. And they definitely aren't selling or sharing that info for profit. But I always vote for security over privacy, cause privacy is not really the sole goal when you are using online credentials. It all depends on who you want to be private from.

And Neither will protect you from the hard exploits let in on purpose on your ac86u router but I would argue they would indeed protect from your compromised iot devices. So you're wrong here. No reason to live like a monk, especially when having a compromised device on your network is almost inevitable. Ask the DOD.

Actually just for posterity and for those who might be interested, when i connect to my bank, I use either a boot disk provided by the airforce TENS program, https://www.tens.af.mil/ or I use an operating system called qubes-os. https://www.qubes-os.org/ Many hackers will tell you as a consumer you should not need to worry about your bank account being hacked because you have protections. But imo, why not be as safe as possible and avoid the hassle. To them its a victimless crime, to most it means missing a payment which can be life altering.

Last edited:
@cooloutac you're trying to present an argument to your case in a circular manner. And you ignore or misread what others write back too.

I didn't say VPN's were not used by myself and some of my customers, I said commercial VPN's weren't used. And if they were, the user knows that it doesn't offer any security/privacy to them either.

You are further exposing yourself to being 'a person of interest' by using the TENS program and Qubes than by just following common sense on your devices.

And please stop saying that individuals like myself and @OzarkEdge are the ones doing the hacking. You're sounding very paranoid like that. Particularly when @OzarkEdge says you're attributing more than there is, and you respond with statements like "i think you're the one making stuff up. what do you think i am attributing to you exactly?".

Oh ok, so to clarify you mean 99% aren't using "commercial" vpn.... sure bud... So what are they doing? Setting up a vpn server? You still prove my point that by using a "commercial" vpn on the router, its going to have problems. And that is not the fault of the commercial vpn server. I would tell you to ask yourself why that is, but it seems you already know and justify it. And thats shameful imo.

And So i become a person of interest to who? So you consider me a criminal for using a vpn, now i'm a criminal for using tens or qubes? ANd this is more things you justify? Shameful. This is why we are in the state we are in my friend. And its only going to get worse. People having your mentality is a national security risk and it jeopardizes us all. This isn't the 90s anymore.

I never said you were hacking people? huh? see my above paragraph. My problem is you trying to convince people to use less security, and then justifying them becoming targets for doing so. I think you are the one sounding paranoid and extra defensive. I never accused you of commiting crimes. interesting. and Ozark couldn't even articulate what he thought I as attributing to him because there was nothing there. You guys obviously want me gone from the forums now, so you want to try and portray me a certain way. and I don't blame you. Your world crumbles with me around. Don't worry you will get your wish and you can go back to your facade.

Last edited:
This discussion has gotten way out of hand and those of you who know better should have reported it earlier rather than continuing to argue.
Locking thread and deleting some of the posts.
@cooloutac Refrain from further personal attacks or you will earn a one-week time-out.

Status
Not open for further replies.