What's new

AiCloud 2.0 Cloud Disk safe to use?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

esojmc

Occasional Visitor
I have RT-AX88U Pro and it's running Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.4 and I was playing around with the Cloud Disk option for sharing files with myself or friends/family outside my network. My biggest concern is security and someone hacking into the system. What is the general consensus regarding AiCloud 2.0 Cloud Disk? Should I enable it?

Thanks.

No. Do not enable it if you value security.

I would also suggest flashing the latest final release (388.5).

No. Do not enable it if you value security.

I would also suggest flashing the latest final release (388.5).
Thank you, I will keep it disabled. Any advantage to updating to 388.5 from .4? Or can I do it later?

No rush to do it now, but many including me, saw benefits from the latest release.

No rush to do it now, but many including me, saw benefits from the latest release.
Could I ask what benefits you saw? Besides what's listed on the release note. I just installed 3004.388.4 from the Asus firmware and have it configured just the way I like. I would hate to factory reset and start over again just yet.

I hope you flashed RMerlin firmware first, then performed the full reset.

I saw the benefits beginning from the Alpha builds. And full disclosure: I'm on 388.6 Alpha 1 now. :)

Before you flash a new firmware, get yourself a current baseline on the firmware you're running stable on.

With that safely stored on your computer, you're only ever 10 minutes away from where you are now.

I hope you flashed RMerlin firmware first, then performed the full reset.

I saw the benefits beginning from the Alpha builds. And full disclosure: I'm on 388.6 Alpha 1 now. :)

Before you flash a new firmware, get yourself a current baseline on the firmware you're running stable on.

With that safely stored on your computer, you're only ever 10 minutes away from where you are now.
Good idea. By current baseline do you mean Administration -> Restore/Save/Upload Setting and "Save setting" and "Backup JFFS partition"?

Did you read the links I provided?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!