What's new

Aicloud question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Resolved

Hi guys

Came upon this thread coz i had same problem. Enable 'Share with Account' for the USB Network Share/Samba i was not able to access the usb share via either via the web, nor thru the andriod app coz it kept asking me to enter the username/pwd.

It seems like the account name/password cannot contain any special characters ie. must only be alphanumeric, no commas, exclamations, hyphens.

created only alhpa numeric account/password and now i can access by usb share via the web, and the the AICloud android app!

When I first got my RT-N66U I had no issue trying to access files off the hard drive that was plugged in router using Aicloud. A week ago, for some reason it kept asking for the user name and password when i was trying to accessing the folders. . I entered the router user name and password and it wouldnt let me in. This happen when I am inside my network and outside my network.

I ended up having to create a new user under USB Application- FTP Share. Once i create that new account I enter that user name and password and now it works.....:confused: Now the issue I am having is I cant delete or create folders on the hard drive when i am accessing the drive (smb) on my windows machine. Next to the folders "shared" Even tho I have full permit. :(

Last edited:
When I first got my RT-N66U I had no issue trying to access files off the hard drive that was plugged in router using Aicloud. A week ago, for some reason it kept asking for the user name and password when i was trying to accessing the folders. . I entered the router user name and password and it wouldnt let me in. This happen when I am inside my network and outside my network.

I ended up having to create a new user under USB Application- FTP Share. Once i create that new account I enter that user name and password and now it works.....:confused: Now the issue I am having is I cant delete or create folders on the hard drive when i am accessing the drive (smb) on my windows machine. Next to the folders "shared" Even tho I have full permit. :(

I purposely joined this website because this is exactly the same issue I'm having with mine. Seems like a nice community though so look forward to digging out old and current threads :D

When I first installed the router I could see my USB hard drive that was connected to the router as well as my two computers that are on the home network. When I tried connecting to the PC, it asked me for a username and password so I wasn't sure what to put, so I created a new username / password on the computer I was trying to access.

It worked flawlessly for about 2 weeks and one day I wanted to access it and my username and password did not work anymore and I haven't been able to access it since then.

I've tried using the same name and password as I do for my router, the administrator account credentials for my PC, I've followed most of the advice on here and it still doesn't work. I've uninstalled the app on the iPhone and still nothing.

I figured it's been a year since the last post, maybe you guys have found a solution ?

I purposely joined this website because this is exactly the same issue I'm having with mine. Seems like a nice community though so look forward to digging out old and current threads :D

When I first installed the router I could see my USB hard drive that was connected to the router as well as my two computers that are on the home network. When I tried connecting to the PC, it asked me for a username and password so I wasn't sure what to put, so I created a new username / password on the computer I was trying to access.

It worked flawlessly for about 2 weeks and one day I wanted to access it and my username and password did not work anymore and I haven't been able to access it since then.

I've tried using the same name and password as I do for my router, the administrator account credentials for my PC, I've followed most of the advice on here and it still doesn't work. I've uninstalled the app on the iPhone and still nothing.

I figured it's been a year since the last post, maybe you guys have found a solution ?

Hi,
pretty old threat, but i have the same issue.
Set up the aicloud thing, and i can connect to the usb drive no problem.
But when i want to connect to my macbook or my vu+ receiver, it asks for user and password, but rejects the user password combination eve though it is the right one. Any clues anybody?
Thanks

Old thread but does anyone have a solution - I’ve got the same issue as the two folks above. Cheers k

I too am having a problem with aicloud when trying to connect to my PC. I am running merlin 384.15 and i have smb v1 and 2 selected and i have enabled smb 1 on my windows PC. When i click on my computer a box pops up asking for my username and password so i enter user as dellpc/matt and my password and then i can see all my folders but when i click on one, it then asks for another username and password and at the top of the login box it says dellpc/dellpc. I just dont know whats going on.

I was able to solve this by enabling SMB 1.0 in Windows on the machine that kept asking for user/pass. To enable SMB v1 in Windows 10 or 11, open the Start Menu or the search menu, then type “windows features” and choose Turn Windows features on or off.