What's new

AIMesh and Print Server Stopped Working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

darkgiants

Occasional Visitor
I have three ASUS RT-AC68U's (One as the primary router, the other two as AiMesh Nodes). I have my printer connected via USB3.0 to one of my ASUS RT-AC68U AiMesh Node. For nearly four years, the print server worked fine for me as I was using LPRServer and used the AiMesh Node IP address. However, I have noticed that the print server has stopped working outright. I am not sure if perhaps the new firmware updates may have caused this issue, but for reference, I am running the latest Merlin-WRT (version 386.2_6).

Would someone mind sharing if there is an additional setting to make the print server via my AiMesh node work again? Or is with the new firmware from ASUS (that Merlin implements) this is no longer possible? For reference, here is an old thread referencing how LPRServer is set up via the AiMesh node.

Update: I was able to get my print server working again! I had to remove the AiMesh Node and instead set it up as an Access Point (AP). However, I would prefer to have this left as an AiMesh Node due to being able to see all connected devices in my network under one router UI.

Is there any reason why the print server is not working under AiMesh but works just fine via Access Point?

Update: I was able to get my print server working again! I had to remove the AiMesh Node and instead set it up as an Access Point (AP). However, I would prefer to have this left as an AiMesh Node due to being able to see all connected devices in my network under one router UI.

Is there any reason why the print server is not working under AiMesh but works just fine via Access Point?
Hey similar issue. But how u gonna get internet connection via your AP mode router since its not paired to your primary router? PS: I have not managed to get LPRServer to work...

Hey, similar issue also here. I've had an AC68U for a while now, and 2 years ago bought another AC68U to use AiMesh and a printer connected to a node. It worket (somehow), as printing worked fine, even if the printer is sleeping, it woke up and printed, but scan was not supported. So I ended up returning the second router...

Now I've managed to get hold to a new AC86U and set up as the primary router, and again connected the 68U as an Aimesh node via ethernet. All works fine, and plugged (again) the printer in the 68U's usb port to use it with print server (also bought an USB switch to have both my desktop connected to the printer via USB to retain all functionalities print scan and also the router to be able to print from another laptop for example) BUT there is an issue, as you both described: printing is no longer possible, no connection found to the printer!

The printer is Samsung M2675F printer/scanner/copier. I have added a new printer, selected the tcp/ip address of my second router where the printer is plugged in and selected the driver from the list. That was all. But no connection! (these steps were the same as 2 years ago when everything worked)

Is there something I can do? I've read that putting the second router in AP mode would solve the problem but I guess I'd lose some ai-mesh functionalities, security, internet protection (?)

Thanks for any input!

LE. In theory I could use an ethernet cable that is wired through the walls to connect the printer directly to the main router. The connection would look like this: USB cable from printer - USB to RJ45 adaptor - cat5e cable - rj45 to usb adaptor - usb cable to the main router.
Would something like this be feasible?

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!