What's new

Aimesh dropping WiFi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Avinitlarge

Occasional Visitor
I am having trouble with my WiFi. Recently setup 3 nodes and a master, all are RT-AC86U.
One node is connected to my DSL-AC88U the other 2 nodes and the master are connected to a netgear GS724T managed switch.
The nodes don’t seem to be dropping, just the WiFi.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing it?

Thanks

Last edited:
Is it only a problem with guest Wi-Fi? If so you need to configure your switch to pass tagged VLAN packets.

I’m not using guest WiFi. To eliminate the switch, I’ve temporarily bypassed it. I’ve been running a ping test, pinging my wired desktop, all the nodes, an AP and google every 5 seconds, this is after 5 hours from a laptop connected to a node and it doesn’t appear to be as bad as I thought 🤔

2024-01-02.jpeg

Does anyone know what is going on here? 5g is fine, 2.4 is all over the place. I’m ready for binning the lot 😡

IMG_9625.jpeg

Start over and get one wireless router working. Then build out one step at a time. Watch out for an AC86U acting weird... it has a history of losing power regulation and the 2.4 radio or radios in general.

OE