What's new

AiMesh Dual WAN (one failover) Config Question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MadGoat

New Around Here
Hello,

Due to location constraints, I cannot plug both WAN connections into the main router. I'm curious is the config in the included diagram is possible? (One WAN would be failover only, not looking to bond or aggregate)

AiMesh Noce Config.png

Hello,

Due to location constraints, I cannot plug both WAN connections into the main router. I'm curious is the config in the included diagram is possible? (One WAN would be failover only, not looking to bond or aggregate)

View attachment 39167

Nope... must to be...

ISP(s)/WAN(s) <wire(s)> router/firewalls <wire/wireless> node

OE

Have almost the same question. I want to use USB modem connected to AX55 as a failover for main router (AX5400) WAN connection in AiMesh network. They are connected by a cable. Any chance this will work? I didn't buy AX55 yet to test this.

Theoretically If we remove AiMesh from the equation and add a second cable between routers we can organize failover network, but Wi-Fi connectivity and administration features will be broken without AiMesh enabled.