What's new

Aimesh fails between ac86u and ac68u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fun4stuff

Regular Contributor
Both are running the latest Merlin firmware (both on 386.3_2) . The 68u was a tm-ac1900 that i flashed to 68u and then installed Merlin firmware. i want the 68u to be the node.

ive tried factory resetting the 68u and also setting operation mode to aimesh node.

It usually gets to like 30% then fails

The routers are right next to each other. I’ve tried wirelessly as well as connecting the 68u wan port to 86u lan via Ethernet cable.
can anyone help me troubleshoot this?

——

At first i had them connect with aimesh with the 86u on Merlin and the 68u on asus firmware, but 2.4ghz wifi kept disconnecting on the 86 u. So then i updated 86u to latest Merlin firmware and switch the68u to Merlin.

Both are running the latest Merlin firmware (both on 386.3_2) . The 68u was a tm-ac1900 that i flashed to 68u and then installed Merlin firmware. i want the 68u to be the node.

ive tried factory resetting the 68u and also setting operation mode to aimesh node.

The routers are right next to each other. I’ve tried wirelessly as well as connecting the 68u wan port to 86u lan via Ethernet cable.

——

At first i had them connect with aimesh with the 86u on Merlin and the 68u on asus firmware, but 2.4ghz wifi kept disconnecting on the 86 u. So then i updated 86u to latest Merlin firmware and switch the68u to Merlin.

OE

——

Hi, I have the same setup as yours. Try it the latest Asus firmware from Oct 14 on the node, this works for me.
1635089015531.png

Both are running the latest Merlin firmware (both on 386.3_2) . The 68u was a tm-ac1900

You can try different Asuswrt-Merlin and Asuswrt on both router and node, but you can't get support for your issues here on SNB. Your converted router is not supported by Asuswrt-Merlin. You have to figure it out on your own.

——

Doubt you are going to get support on these forums

From the posted READ ME FIRST

Q: Why can't I update my (modded) TM-AC1900 firmware?
A: Because you are running Asuswrt-Merlin on an UNSUPPORTED model, and Asus recently changed the firmware validation process to prevent such a thing. You will have to revert back to the original TM-AC1900. Beyond that, you're on your own.

Doubt you are going to get support on these forums

From the posted READ ME FIRST

Q: Why can't I update my (modded) TM-AC1900 firmware?
A: Because you are running Asuswrt-Merlin on an UNSUPPORTED model, and Asus recently changed the firmware validation process to prevent such a thing. You will have to revert back to the original TM-AC1900. Beyond that, you're on your own.
Yes, I agree. Why bothering converting TM-AC1900, you can find RT-AC68U pretty chep now.

Yes, I agree. Why bothering converting TM-AC1900, you can find RT-AC68U pretty chep now.
I got the TM-AC1900 for $20 (new).

Sorry about the post- I was not aware it was an unsupported model.

Reverting to Asus RT-AC68U firmware worked. Aimesh been working well for a few days now between and AC86u running merlin.