What's new

AiMesh for Tri-band routers: RT-AC5300, GT-AC5300

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

GT-AC5300_9.0.0.4_384_110-g720bae0_cferom_ubi.w doesn't sound right. Or it may be an old release. Or somehow it's a release without Aimesh?
I'm on a 10000 something release on my router with Aimesh.

Yeah, tried GT-AC5300_9.0.0.4_384_20216-g74b8f6e_ubi.w a short while ago and it's not AiMesh. Agree that the other doesn't sound or look right to me either.

Looks like both are no mesh firmware. I tried GT-AC5300_9.0.0.4_384_20216-g74b8f6e_ubi.w this morning and ended up having to roll back. Now having more issues than before unfortunately. Can find and add node, but then it won't show up in network map. Shows 1 node until I click on GUI and then nothing shows...asks for me to search, but won't find anything. Will send logs to you @arthurlien

@Wilson_Deng or @arthurlien is there any update as to when an official or new beta will be released? If beta, where will it be posted? Last few posted seem to be non-Aimesh even though they are 384 based. Have a lot of money in hardware that needs firmware/ software to make it worth the money. Seems like it's getting close...

@Wilson_Deng or @arthurlien is there any update as to when an official or new beta will be released? If beta, where will it be posted? Last few posted seem to be non-Aimesh even though they are 384 based. Have a lot of money in hardware that needs firmware/ software to make it worth the money. Seems like it's getting close...
The 9.0.0.4_384_20216 is beta for someone to clarify some issue. I think this user published the test FW to forum by himself.

5300 official FW is still under test internally.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 ASUS_Z012DA 發送

The 9.0.0.4_384_20216 is beta for someone to clarify some issue. I think this user published the test FW to forum by himself.

Thanks. We're all itching to test the latest and greatest you guys have come up with. Hopefully it's been a very productive sprint or two since the last release.

OK,

So currently on GT-AC5300_9.0.0.4_384_110, no AiMesh but after full initialize router seems to run fine (previously running GT-AC5300_9.0.0.4_382_19612).
All wifi channels ok
Link aggregation ok
Settopbox (IPTV) ok
Even timescheduling en parental control is ok..

Let's see if it's stable over some time....

OK,

So currently on GT-AC5300_9.0.0.4_384_110, no AiMesh but after full initialize router seems to run fine (previously running GT-AC5300_9.0.0.4_382_19612).
All wifi channels ok
Link aggregation ok
Settopbox (IPTV) ok
Even timescheduling en parental control is ok..

Let's see if it's stable over some time....

Thanks for you information.

So I haven't been able to find anything definitive but it looks like the Guest networks you set on the main router will not be extended to the mesh nodes is this true? If so, will this come in a future release? Also, I would love to see the ability to specify on a port by port basis which wireless network a particular ethernet port is a member of on both the main router and the mesh nodes (VLANS). So I would like to be able to have port 1 on the main wireless network, port 2 on the guest network 1, port 3 on guest network 2, port 4 on the main wireless network, port 1 on the node on the guest wireless network, port 2 on the node on the main wireless network, etc. Any chance for that?

Last edited:
So I haven't been able to find anything definitive but it looks like the Guest networks you set on the main router will not be extended to the mesh nodes is this true? If so, will this come in a future release? Also, I would love to see the ability to specify on a port by port basis which wireless network a particular ethernet port is a member of on both the main router and the mesh nodes (VLANS). So I would like to be able to have port 1 on the main wireless network, port 2 on the guest network 1, port 3 on guest network 2, port 4 on the main wireless network, port 1 on the node on the guest wireless network, port 2 on the node on the main wireless network, etc. Any chance for that?

Correct, guest network doesn't propagate to nodes yet, but believe they were looking to implement in a future release.

I have a GT-AC5300 as the router and 2 RT-AC5300 im using as nodes. One of the RT-AC5300 is acting crazy, it wont show any of the AImesh settings. on a factory reset the setup has the AImesh options but it is not detected as a node.

Hi, I think if you have done a factory reset to your AiMesh Node, you should see something similar to the screen shot below if you connect your Laptop to one of the LAN port of the AiMesh Node. In this state you can do a Search and Include the AiMesh Node from your AiMesh Router GUI.

Screen Shot 2018-01-21 at 11.55.52 PM.png

Arthur,

Can we assume that when there are any new beta firmware for RT-AC5300 / GT-AC5300 you will post here? So that we do not get misled to installed unofficial beta found in discussions here :( Thanks :)

Hi, I think if you have done a factory reset to your AiMesh Node, you should see something similar to the screen shot below if you connect your Laptop to one of the LAN port of the AiMesh Node. In this state you can do a Search and Include the AiMesh Node from your AiMesh Router GUI.

View attachment 11654

yeah this comes up on a factory reset but the router doesn't detect it as a node, and there is no AImesh setting if you skip this

the other RT-AC5300 has the AImesh in the settings and it is detected by the router

yeah this comes up on a factory reset but the router doesn't detect it as a node, and there is no AImesh setting if you skip this

the other RT-AC5300 has the AImesh in the settings and it is detected by the router
Hi,
I got a similar situation when I attempted to add my second AiMesh Node immediately after the first AiMesh Node. I rebooted the AiMesh Router before I add the second AiMesh Node (in Factory Reset state), it works for me in my case, hope it works for you :)