What's new

AiMesh for Tri-band routers: RT-AC5300, GT-AC5300

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I would be happy to test externally for the GT-5300 I know i keep dibs on the Chinese site see what kind of progress is being made so far it’s been silent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m also looking forward to some progress on this next firmware. I hope it allows us to lock the backhaul to the 2nd 5ghz channel and then allows 2.4 and 5ghz 1st channel to be available for client connections.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yet another new beta firmware with no changelog... Only mentions that it resolves the issue with the second 5GHz band.
Source from http://www.52asus.com/thread-5403-1-1.html

GT-AC5300_9.0.0.4_384_20282-g4b09e18_cferom_ubi_0119.w
*Link removed as it is not from any of ASUS official sources. Sorry for any inconveniences caused.

Please remember to reset to factory default and setup from the beginning after the update to ensure minimal issue/bug/problem!
Enjoy!

Last edited:
Yet another new beta firmware with no changelog... Only mentions that it resolves the issue with the second 5GHz band.

https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/s/1650020A93764DEF8658D2F2FDEA568BL

Please remember to reset to factory default and setup from the beginning after the update to ensure minimal issue/bug/problem!
Enjoy!

Is there one for the RT-AC5300?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/s/1650020A93764DEF8658D2F2FDEA568BL

Enjoy!

Remind. It's not official publish version and it's not published by ASUS.

@arthurlien just wanted to thank Asus for providing the Aimesh capability as it will no doubt be a great feature. I'm curious if there will be any chance that VLAN capabilities will ever make it into the firmware for the RT-AC5300?

That's right everyone, smash Arthur with repetitive questions and he will soon vanish and you will not ever know what's going on, he has already said whats going on, he really cannot say any more, back off.

Regards

Please let ASUS complete its internal testing. The "is it soup yet?" question has been asked enough. Chill please.

OK, so my frustration lies in the fact that I've spent ~$800 USD for 2 of these in good faith that this AiMesh would work. It was working fairly good, but after mistakenly loading a firmware posted here that had same ASUS naming convention, I haven't been able to get it working again. The router will discover the node and says it's been added, but won't show in the node list. Seems to be there as I did a firmware downgrade it seems successfully from the admin tab on the node. But network performance has been abysmal as of late, which shouldn't be the case with FTTH and the money invested in what should be superior hardware.

OK, so my frustration lies in the fact that I've spent ~$800 USD for 2 of these in good faith that this AiMesh would work. It was working fairly good, but after mistakenly loading a firmware posted here that had same ASUS naming convention, I haven't been able to get it working again. The router will discover the node and says it's been added, but won't show in the node list. Seems to be there as I did a firmware downgrade it seems successfully from the admin tab on the node. But network performance has been abysmal as of late, which shouldn't be the case with FTTH and the money invested in what should be superior hardware.

You're frustrated because you are trying out beta firmware? Asus has never said that Aimesh is available and supported on the AC5300 products. They have always said that they would be supported later this year. Just so you don't have to look it up, it's still January.

OK, so my frustration lies in the fact that I've spent ~$800 USD for 2 of these in good faith that this AiMesh would work.
You have only yourself to blame for any frustration. Even the released versions of AiMesh need work.

You should have gotten a clue from how long it has taken ASUS to work the kinks out of Lyra--a mesh system (allegedly) designed to work as a system and not a science experiment primarily aimed at goosing sales of older products.

"Good faith" and "trust" are not terms I would use in discussing Wi-Fi marketing.

Quite aware of what month and year we're in. Just know official firmware is "coming soon" and this being the ASUS flagship, would expect sooner rather than later. Having worked with and for many OEMs in telecom and the Wireless Carriers, had just expected more I guess. Def wouldn't have purchased Lyra had I been going that route. Set back up as AP's for now until the official firmware is released.

Is Anyone using 9.0.0.4.382_19612-g01e94f5 ? I didn't see it mentioned at all in this thread. That's what I'm currently using for my GT-5300 and so far Aimesh is working flawlessly with my AC88u and AC68W. (knock on wood) The new Beta dropped but as far as I can tell since I can't find patch notes it fixes an issue with a feature I don't use so I don't want to risk messing up my setup as its actually working without flaws at the moment.