What's new

AiMesh for Tri-band routers: RT-AC5300, GT-AC5300

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I upgraded the the latest stable version and started getting the same alerts bombarding my logs: kernel: protocol 0800 is buggy, dev eth4. Downgraded back to firmware 3.0.0.4.384_20216 and the messages stopped. I contacted Asus support about it, but has anyone else figured out how to stop those alerts on the stable firmware?

Test firwmarei was running was something with 102xx and it had the 0800 problem. Adviced by Asus I disabled the bonding from not GT and Synology and the message stopped flooding the syslog.
In this new release I thought to give it a try. But is not fixed. Although in a past release, the one you're running it was fixed. It looks like a reoccurring bug and hopefully they'll fix it.
What was really concerning was I found no WiFi whatsoever after 12h. And that's very far from a 802.3ad issue. I only have now 8h uptime so itsi too early to tell if it's stable.

I think the problem start happening after I do a Check Update for new FW and/or Check Signature.

This may be similar to the issues I am seeing where things aren't being applied properly and things like reboots following configuration changes weren't working for me. The config changes would only take effect after I powered off/on the router.

This may be similar to the issues I am seeing where things aren't being applied properly and things like reboots following configuration changes weren't working for me. The config changes would only take effect after I powered off/on the router.
Same here, after a power cycle things are back to normal

I upgraded the the latest stable version and started getting the same alerts bombarding my logs: kernel: protocol 0800 is buggy, dev eth4. Downgraded back to firmware 3.0.0.4.384_20216 and the messages stopped. I contacted Asus support about it, but has anyone else figured out how to stop those alerts on the stable firmware?
Yip, had the same error on latest offical release, back to 9.0.0.4.384_20282 and error is gone....

I am getting this messages in the system log, did not get them before 384, any idea what they mean:

Attachments

• Router Systemlog Errors.png
    Router Systemlog Errors.png
    88.5 KB · Views: 468
I am getting this messages in the system log, did not get them before 384, any idea what they mean:

Is it just the mac addresses of devices getting close to roam assist RSSI thresholds? Sounds and looks like it to me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also getting

kernel: protocol 0800 is buggy

messages on the new official firmware Version 3.0.0.4.384.20287 (GT-AC5300)

Reverted back to beta build 19612.

Is this official firmware stable enough for prime time?

Sorry for the dumb question, what is "roam assist RSSI thresholds" Thanks

It’s when ur signal strength is getting low so it triggers the router to move your device to another Band usually 2.4Ghz for more range or to 5Ghz-2 u can cut it off by going to wireless and then professional tab and I think it is called Roaming assist disable it for each Wireless Band unless u like the feature which comes to mind why does Smartconnect exist then

It’s when ur signal strength is getting low so it triggers the router to move your device to another Band usually 2.4Ghz for more range or to 5Ghz-2 u can cut it off by going to wireless and then professional tab and I think it is called Roaming assist disable it for each Wireless Band unless u like the feature which comes to mind why does Smartconnect exist then

Thank you for the very clear explanation

Thank you for the very clear explanation

I know Apple products and Some Android phones hates it and can’t handle it correctly it’s a hit and miss on both sometimes it will work correctly and seamless hand it off or it will just drop and reconnect to the WiFi network it’s really hit and miss I know Some STB’s and Smart TV’s hates it reason I put Bandsteering/roaming in the “Your mileage may vary” category

I know Apple products and Some Android phones hates it and can’t handle it correctly it’s a hit and miss on both sometimes it will work correctly and seamless hand it off or it will just drop and reconnect to the WiFi network it’s really hit and miss I know Some STB’s and Smart TV’s hates it reason I put Bandsteering/roaming in the “Your mileage may vary” category

I checked the MAC address of the alerts and both devices were Apple iPhone's, 7 and 8 Plus

I checked the MAC address of the alerts and both devices were Apple iPhone's, 7 and 8 Plus

Yeah apple products I dunno why can’t handle Band steering and Roaming that well I dunno why I guess the reason why is also the reason why Mobile hotspot can’t broadcast in 5Ghz instead still uses 2.4Ghz even though in the IOS Kernel the phone can but apple has yet to implement it

******************************************************************************************************************************

For all the people that started to lose their 2nd 5Ghz channel like I did, there is a work round, this is what I did, go to WAN settings and Clone your MAC address at the bottom of the Internet Connection Tab, restart your ISP's modem to gain a new IP if you are dynamically assigned one, this will give your 2nd 5Ghz channel its MAC address back.

******************************************************************************************************************************

EDIT: After several reboots, it went back to the missing 5Ghz and the Wifi section went all corrupt with a missing left side, it make me wonder if some were made with inferior hardware. Anyway back to Version 3.0.0.4.382.15984 and it works as it should. I will wait to the next release or if a none AiMesh is released, use that.......I am a bit mift :(

Please report back if it worked.

Regards

Last edited:
Doesn't help posting the same message 2 days in a row.
What router do you have and how much bandwidth is your ISP selling you.
I don't need IDM for more than 10 years, I have enough bandwidth to finish all downloads in one pass, but I do remember how useful it was when bandwidth was a luxury.
And streaming what from where?
All AiMesh releases so didn't stopped me getting all 350mbps my isp provides. And I had only one Netflix glitch but that was a full outage on western Europe.

Hi

I have the new firmware 3.0.0.4.384_20287 in my GT-AC5300.

In one of my computers I have the ASUS PCE-AC88, with a reported Wi-Fi connection speed of 1.7 Gbps.

But I can only get a file transfer speed of 41.1 MB/Sec. Why is this so low?

The file is transferred from a QNAP TS-563 with SSD disks and aggregated ports to the GT-AC5300.

When I try from a wired connection, I get a file transfer speed at 110 MB/Sec.
speedtest.png

Hi

I have the new firmware 3.0.0.4.384_20287 in my GT-AC5300.

In one of my computers I have the ASUS PCE-AC88, with a reported Wi-Fi connection speed of 1.7 Gbps.

But I can only get a file transfer speed of 41.1 MB/Sec. Why is this so low?

The file is transferred from a QNAP TS-563 with SSD disks and aggregated ports to the GT-AC5300.

When I try from a wired connection, I get a file transfer speed at 110 MB/Sec.
View attachment 11772
Is your computer your transferring from also a SSD? I can see this happening when the host machine doesn't have SSD because read data is much slower.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8

For all the people that started to lose their 2nd 5Ghz channel like I did, there is a work round, this is what I did, go to WAN settings and Clone your MAC address at the bottom of the Internet Connection Tab, restart your ISP's modem to gain a new IP if you are dynamically assigned one, this will give your 2nd 5Ghz channel its MAC address back.

EDIT: After several reboots, it went back to the missing 5Ghz and the Wifi section went all corrupt with a missing left side, it make me wonder if some were made with inferior hardware. Anyway back to Version 3.0.0.4.382.15984 and it works as it should. I will wait to the next release or if a none AiMesh is released, use that.......I am a bit mift :(

Please report back if it worked.

Regards
What year was your router manufactured? Have to ask the obvious if when you flash the new firmware if you then do a factory reset by holding the reset button for at least 10 seconds?

What year was your router manufactured? Have to ask the obvious if when you flash the new firmware if you then do a factory reset by holding the reset button for at least 10 seconds?

Only had it for 3 weeks, year on the box is 2017, hardware Version A, with F/W 3.0.0.4.382. But now has F/W 3.0.0.4.382.15984. Resetting that way seems to put it into recovery mode, power constantly flashing and I have tried that and other ways, its just after a few restarts it all goes wonky, 15984 is stable and runs great, the new Aimesh just gives me a lot of problems, especially when you have a house full screaming to go online. A strange one, but I have seen another with the same problem here.

Will try when the kids are back at school and I am home from work.

Thanks

Regards

Is your computer your transferring from also a SSD? I can see this happening when the host machine doesn't have SSD because read data is much slower.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8

The read/write to/from NAS test is done from the same computer - first test Wi-Fi and then Wired.

Therefore the Wi-Fi test it should be at least the same speed as the wired.