What's new

AImesh Lag/Packet Loss while gaming

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Primetime0187

Occasional Visitor
I have recently setup an AI mesh system to support my network. Currently I am using an AX-86U as the primary and an AX-82U as the AP. I have ATT Gigabit internet and was using the AP to hardwire my gaming PC to the network. I am noticing more lag/packet loss while being hardwired than I am just accessing the Wifi directly. Is there something I can do to stabilize the line or for FPS type gaming should I stick to WiFi in this scenario. It is not feasible for me to put my gaming system in the same room as the AX-86u.

Presumably the RT-AX82U is connected to the RT-AX86U via Ethernet cable? If so unplug the cable from the RT-AX82U and plug it directly into your PC. Do you experience the same problem?

Presumably the RT-AX82U is connected to the RT-AX86U via Ethernet cable? If so unplug the cable from the RT-AX82U and plug it directly into your PC. Do you experience the same problem?
Current setup is ATT Fiber router used as a pass through only. AX-86U wired directly to the pass through. 82U upstairs about 35 feet away. PC Wired directly to 82U.

My previous questions still stand:

Is the RT-AX82U connected to the RT-AX86U via Ethernet cable (rather than wireless)?

If so unplug the cable from the RT-AX82U and plug it directly into your PC. Do you still experience the same problem?

My previous questions still stand:

Is the RT-AX82U connected to the RT-AX86U via Ethernet cable (rather than wireless)?

If so unplug the cable from the RT-AX82U and plug it directly into your PC. Do you still experience the same problem?
My apologies for the confusion. The 86u and 82u are connected wirelessly. They are not connected via Ethernet cable.