What's new

AIMESH network with 2 internet providers/sources - one network (lan/wifi)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

zanatos

New Around Here
Hi,

i have fiber internet to my home. have the modem router from the internet provider. My main router is the ASUS ROG AX11000 connected to the modem through wan cable.

Then this router redistributes wifi and internet access through 4 satellites 2 with dedicated ethernet backhaul and 2 others through wireless backhaul. all 4 of the satellites are RT-AX92U. In total 3 apartments have more or less 130 devices connected among them.

Here is where I need your help.

The second apartment got its own internet connection. so it needs to be used. the simple solution would be to create a second wifi that only for the second apartment and possibly for the third but i DO NOT WANT THAT!

i use Aimesh and I would like to know if i can transfer to my main wireless network a second internet access so i can have more bandwidth/speed!

first of all, does my router allow me to have 2 internet sources? Though that is not possible to bring the 2 sources together due to different locations
Secondly can i use the Aimesh to have one satellite distribute the main wifi (as a satellite) but get internet access through the wan cable slot?

i would like to keep ONE wireless network using the same DCHP

If you have any advice or suggestion feel free to reach out to me!

i use Aimesh and I would like to know if i can transfer to my main wireless network a second internet access so i can have more bandwidth/speed!

first of all, does my router allow me to have 2 internet sources? Though that is not possible to bring the 2 sources together due to different locations
No. Your main router does support dual WAN but both internet feeds need to be plugged directly into it, which you say is not a option because of the locations.

Secondly can i use the Aimesh to have one satellite distribute the main wifi (as a satellite) but get internet access through the wan cable slot?
No.

with consumer equipment you cannot do that

with enterprise equipment you can, if you change everything, but i would advice against it

the simplest solution would be for you to get better internet package in your main apartment then ubiquity airfiber to transmit the network over to apartment 2 and 3... so on,
all under 1 DHCP network with the same gateway
still i would advice against it, as it would add unnecessary uncertainty risks

1. risk overloading your main router since you are using consumer equipment
2. risk of interference disconnection
3. risk of increased latency, speed and bandwidth reduction
4. risk of damaging equipment if no lightning arrest and surge protection installed

why would you want everything under 1 same dhcp network for different site?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!