What's new

AiMesh node still connecting on wifi even when wired

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fields987

Regular Contributor
My aimesh node is hardwired. The primary router shows it as connection priority ethernet and connection type wired. But in my system log/wireless log, i show an "unknown device" with the mac of of the wl0.1 interface on the aimesh node. Not sure if this a bug, misconfiguration, or expected behavior.

Also, do I need to use Roaming assistant in conjunction with AiMesh, or is roaming assistant only for APs outside of an AiMesh configuration?

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
My aimesh node is hardwired. The primary router shows it as connection priority ethernet and connection type wired. But in my system log/wireless log, i show an "unknown device" with the mac of of the wl0.1 interface on the aimesh node. Not sure if this a bug, misconfiguration, or expected behavior.

Also, do I need to use Roaming assistant in conjunction with AiMesh, or is roaming assistant only for APs outside of an AiMesh configuration?

Thanks for any help.

I think it is expected behavior. Using a wired backhaul doesn't disable the wireless backhaul... it remains available, if needed.

I think you use Roaming Assistant anytime you want to encourage roaming.

OE

Network Map/ AI Mesh Node/ click on node to check connection on/ more config/

You can then select the connection you want it to use wifi or cabled

Network Map/ AI Mesh Node/ click on node to check connection on/ more config/

You can then select the connection you want it to use wifi or cabled

OP noted this in his second sentence.

OE