What's new

AIMesh Nodes working SORT OF, but not showing up in browser or app

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

xScoutx

Occasional Visitor
Hi all, first time poster, long time reader. Thanks for the help over the years.

I have an AC86u as my main router on Xfinity cable internet. I have 3 Lyra's and 1 AC68U as nodes in my mesh covering a larger two unit home and outbuilding. The Lyra's are in ethernet backhaul with the 68 using the 5ghz. This setup has been working well for months, until yesterday. The Lyra's show up as clients, but not as nodes. It appears everything is working as I can see devices that are on the mesh (turns out it is intermittent) even the wireless linked mesh (I have some POE Camera's going to that 68u and the only way to see them is if the link is up).

I have tried rebooting everything (router/nodes) except some switches that are harder to get to.

Here's what the GUI (and app) are showing.

1635342351823.png

Any ideas on how to get back to a good reportable state? I can't tell but a number of my smart bulbs are having intermittent issues as well - which makes me think they cannot see the nodes and are reaching out to further AP's.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Looking at that picture I am missing about 10 devices (things are dropping off or reconnecting - I usually hover under 70 devices). Also, for data points, the internet was up and down yesterday with some weather that came through, this tends to make my LAN unhappy (intermittent dropped packets, unreachable pings, etc that usually resolve within a few seconds). I cannot explain why loss of internet would affect the LAN, it bothers me but I haven't been able to determine why yet. I upgraded to the 86 from the 68 as my main router a few months back and this setup has been pretty good.

Sorry for all the edits, the situation is evolving as I dig. The 68u connection (wireless backhaul) is definitely intermittent.
1635344636378.png

Last edited:
Hi all, first time poster, long time reader. Thanks for the help over the years.

I have an AC86u as my main router on Xfinity cable internet. I have 3 Lyra's and 1 AC68U as nodes in my mesh covering a larger two unit home and outbuilding. The Lyra's are in ethernet backhaul with the 68 using the 5ghz. This setup has been working well for months, until yesterday. The Lyra's show up as clients, but not as nodes. It appears everything is working as I can see devices that are on the mesh - even the wireless linked mesh (I have some POE Camera's going to that 68u and the only way to see them is if the link is up).

I have tried rebooting everything (router/nodes) except some switches that are harder to get to.

Here's what the GUI (and app) are showing.

View attachment 37049

Any ideas on how to get back to a good reportable state? I can't tell but a number of my smart bulbs are having intermittent issues as well - which makes me think they cannot see the nodes and are reaching out to further AP's.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Looking at that picture I am missing about 10 devices (things are dropping off or reconnecting - I usually hover under 70 devices). Also, for data points, the internet was up and down yesterday with some weather that came through, this tends to make my LAN unhappy (intermittent dropped packets, unreachable pings, etc that usually resolve within a few seconds). I cannot explain why loss of internet would affect the LAN, it bothers me but I haven't been able to determine why yet. I upgraded to the 86 from the 68 as my main router a few months back and this setup has been pretty good.

Do the switches connect the backhauls? Maybe the weather-related power disruption messed them up.

OE

There is at least 1 switch between all the nodes at the 86u router. It's unmanaged, but I will grab a ladder and reboot it to rule it out. Thanks, I'll let you know.

There is at least 1 switch between all the nodes at the 86u router. It's unmanaged, but I will grab a ladder and reboot it to rule it out. Thanks, I'll let you know.

Or toggle its circuit breaker at the building power panel, assuming this will not crash any delicate equipment.

OE

Well, I reset everything and brought it up in (what I think is) the right order. No change. I can still ping the remote node (wifi backhaul) although its taking over a second at times to reply.

1635354134024.png

Well, it was painful, but I reset them all one by one and they came back. Hopefully that is not a reoccuring theme. Thanks for the help.

1635388531452.png

Well, it was painful, but I reset them all one by one and they came back. Hopefully that is not a reoccuring theme. Thanks for the help.

View attachment 37063

In case you don't know... removing a node from the webUI will automatically reset it to factory defaults. Then you can add it right back.

OE

In case you don't know... removing a node from the webUI will automatically reset it to factory defaults. Then you can add it right back.

OE
I'm interested in making sure I understand that. But, I'm unclear if it applies to met me..there were no nodes showing up in order to remove. Oddly though they were on the network with clients, just not showing up as nodes or registered as aimesh. It was really weird.

I'm interested in making sure I understand that. But, I'm unclear if it applies to met me..there were no nodes showing up in order to remove. Oddly though they were on the network with clients, just not showing up as nodes or registered as aimesh. It was really weird.

It was a general tip... you can't use it if your AiMesh is not showing nodes to remove.

OE

Last edited: