What's new

AiMesh not working anymore on 2 latest Merlin firmwares

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

complain to ASUS. Merlin does not touch a AiMesh
The problem with that logic is that using the latest Asus firmware to setup AiMesh node works. Then upgrading the node to 386.7_2 works fine. Something is different between the latest Asus AiMesh and the recent Merlin AiMesh when it comes to setup. Otherwise, they would work the same.

Is that with a full reset to factory defaults after flashing the firmware you want to use? If not, your results are inconclusive.

Works fine in my case. See signature for details.

The problem with that logic is that using the latest Asus firmware to setup AiMesh node works.

Wireless node discovery doesn't work in Asuswrt-Merlin since AiMesh 2.0 introduction in 386 firmware. AiMesh is closed source and the issue can't be diagnosed nor fixed. There is nothing wrong in RMerlin's work, but AiMesh is perhaps looking for something missing in Asuswrt-Merlin. Could be the firmware version only, no one knows. It works in stock Asuswrt indeed. A little workaround is needed for Asuswrt-Merlin.

Looks like the same issue in 388 code, but it's too early to tell.

Looks like the same issue in 388 code, but it's too early to tell.
And as I said before, I was able to pair two routers over wireless without any problem running 388 alpha code.

So the problem would be model-specific, not related to Asuswrt-Merlin itself.

So the problem would be model-specific, not related to Asuswrt-Merlin itself.

Probably, but the models with pairing issue when running Asuswrt-Merlin don't have the issue when running stock Asuswrt. Also, most people reuse their old AC-class routers as AiMesh nodes. AC-class routers will stay on 386 code firmware. If the pairing 388 Asuswrt-Merlin to 386 node fails again, the information on this Wiki page has to be updated:

Whatever the reason is, this is not AiMesh full support. It works, but the process is not identical to stock Asuswrt.

I have to initially plug mine in to the main router for setup otherwise it would never find it wirlelessly. After that it works fine wirelessly in the mesh. Not sure why. Never found a solution

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!