What's new

Aimesh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rlj2

I see alot of people complain about Aimesh.. its a constant "why use it".

I was using 3 routers, 2 in repeater mode.. was just a pain. I use wifi calling on my phone
because of bad reception. Instant dropped call when walking around between routers.

I set up my 86U as main, and 2 66u's as Aimesh few weeks ago.
Its been flawless. Calls stay connected, everything automatically switches
to best signal.

Also, which is just a plus, we all know how bad network map is on the Asus routers, for
some reason it now works perfect.

Just my two cents

I see alot of people complain about Aimesh.. its a constant "why use it".

I was using 3 routers, 2 in repeater mode.. was just a pain. I use wifi calling on my phone
because of bad reception. Instant dropped call when walking around between routers.

I set up my 86U as main, and 2 66u's as Aimesh few weeks ago.
Its been flawless. Calls stay connected, everything automatically switches
to best signal.

Also, which is just a plus, we all know how bad network map is on the Asus routers, for
some reason it now works perfect.

Just my two cents
You'll get mixed reactions on AIMesh...a lot depends on the size of where it's being used and placement of the nodes. Most times, depending on size of home, the RT-AC86U alone is enough to power a home....too many nodes (plus 2+) may start causing interference.

Makes sense, I have one node in a barn (wired) that is about 100' ft away from main, the other node is at other end of house.. Maybe 60' (wireless)
but lots of walls, obstructions

Makes sense, I have one node in a barn (wired) that is about 100' ft away from main, the other node is at other end of house.. Maybe 60' (wireless)
but lots of walls, obstructions
Definitely wired is always best for better performance! Unfortunately, for me I must used nodes in wireless mode in the meantime....best of luck!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!