What's new

AINode missing 2.4GHz

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

palo

New Around Here
I have a AiMesh setup with 3 RT-AX82U, all running the latest firmware (3.0.0.4.386_45934-gb23bdac). One is acting as the router, two are AI nodes, both connected via ethernet. One AiNode regularly stops working with 2.4GHz - in AiMesh > Node > Management > Enable Radio, there is no "2.4GHz button", only the 5 GHz one and one without a label (see screenshot).

I removed and readded the node, but after some time / a few power cycles, it's back to no 2.4 GHz WiFi.

Any advice what could be wrong?

Attachments

• ainode_no24.png
    ainode_no24.png
    355.7 KB · Views: 136
I have a AiMesh setup with 3 RT-AX82U, all running the latest firmware (3.0.0.4.386_45934-gb23bdac). One is acting as the router, two are AI nodes, both connected via ethernet. One AiNode regularly stops working with 2.4GHz - in AiMesh > Node > Management > Enable Radio, there is no "2.4GHz button", only the 5 GHz one and one without a label (see screenshot).

I removed and readded the node, but after some time / a few power cycles, it's back to no 2.4 GHz WiFi.

Any advice what could be wrong?

Could be failing hardware. I would reset the node, download and re-flash the firmware, reset that firmware, and then add the node to the AiMesh from within the main router's webUI.

OE

Hi palo,
i have exactly the same problem with RT-AX86U Master and RT-AX58U Node.
I solved the problem very easy.
Remove the node in master.
Reset the Node with the WPS method.
Connect Node again to master.

After that both radio buttons works fine.
Maybe it can help?

Hi palo,
i have exactly the same problem with RT-AX86U Master and RT-AX58U Node.
I solved the problem very easy.
Remove the node in master.
Reset the Node with the WPS method.
Connect Node again to master.

After that both radio buttons works fine.
Maybe it can help?

Let me just remind you that removing node from router GUI resets it to factory settings, so you do not need to reset it again.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I think the problem is now solved. Here are all the things I did:

* checked if "Smartconnect" is off
* factory reset the node by pressing the reset button for 15s
* In "System Settings" under Ai Mesh, enabled "Ethernet Backhaul Mode"
* readded the node in Ai Mesh

it's been more than 10 days, hope it will continue to work :)

Attachments

• asus_system_settings.png
    asus_system_settings.png
    196.7 KB · Views: 98

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!