What's new

AiProtection causes appliance to go into endless loop

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

brettule

Occasional Visitor
This is an odd one, I have a cloud based watering system (http://www.waterme.com.au) that works fine usually, unless I have AiProteection enabled on my router. When I do that, the watering system goes into an endless loop of whatever watering schedule I have. Obviously that's not ideal, it finishes watering then starts again moments later. This only occurs when the AiProtection is enabled on the router, I've tried to both set the device as having no content blocking and also with content blocking but it makes no difference. The only way to get the device to run properly is to disable AiProtection. With young kids on the net though, I really wanted to use the feature. I went to the manufacturer of the WaterMe but they say it's my router not their software. Any thoughts on how I might be able to fix it?

Yeah, I could use another DNS but I only want the protection for the younger kids, the rest of the adults in the house I'm happy to roam freely.

It seems to be any AIProtection option, I have to turn the entire thing off. I'm running some more tests now and share the results.

Perhaps using DNS Filtering you could set the younger children's devices to the more restrictive DNS servers and all the other to the less restrictive anti-malware DNS servers.

A while back, AIProtection would send me well over 1000 identical emails over a day or 2 just for one attempted visit to a site on its list. I think either a reboot fixed that or it fixed itself.

Anyway, let's see what your tests show.

Perhaps using DNS Filtering you could set the younger children's devices to the more restrictive DNS servers and all the other to the less restrictive anti-malware DNS servers.

A while back, AIProtection would send me well over 1000 identical emails over a day or 2 just for one attempted visit to a site on its list. I think either a reboot fixed that or it fixed itself.

Anyway, let's see what your tests show.

The Infected Device Protection can throw some problems like this. It thinks your device is communicating data hijacked by malware.