What's new

AIProtection service not loading at startup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Iwakan

Regular Contributor
Since a few releases I’m having troubles with AIProtection Service not starting at router startup. It’s completely aleatory, sometimes I can see IDPfw is ready in log and sometimes not and it’s easy to know if AIProtection is loaded looking to RAM consumption (if around 42% not loaded and if about 49% loaded).

My questions are: someone else with this behavior? And how can I force IDPfw to load at the end of router startup using a script?

Another point is that this happens only if OpenVPN service is enabled because if not IDPfw service is always loaded at router startup.

Thank you in advance.

Which router do you have?

Which firmware version? When did you update to this version and which firmware were you running beforehand, which leads on to when was a factory reset carried out and was it done according to the instructions?

Which router do you have?

Which firmware version? When did you update to this version and which firmware were you running beforehand, which leads on to when was a factory reset carried out and was it done according to the instructions?

Sorry.

AC68u with Merlin 384.5 but problem is present with latest firmwares not only the latest one.

Already performed a factory reset several times and started to configure all from scratch with same result. Maybe something different from a standard configuration is that I’m using a preconfigured ISP profile (Movistar Triple Vlan)

Regards.

Forgive me for asking but after the factory resets did you manually restore your settings or did you restore from a backup?

Are you running OpenVPN Client or the Servers?

Forgive me for asking but after the factory resets did you manually restore your settings or did you restore from a backup?

Are you running OpenVPN Client or the Servers?

Yes. Manually restored and OpenVPN running as server.

This is the error log when IDPfw fails to load:

Code:
Jun 13 11:28:32 crond[334]: time disparity of 697528 minutes detected
Jun 13 11:28:42 kernel: tdts_udb: Unknown parameter `136'
Jun 13 11:28:42 kernel: tdts_udbfw: Unknown symbol udb_shell_ct_event_handler (err 0)
Jun 13 11:28:42 kernel: tdts_udbfw: Unknown symbol udb_shell_update_devid_un_bootp (err 0)
Jun 13 11:28:42 kernel: tdts_udbfw: Unknown symbol udb_shell_policy_match (err 0)
Jun 13 11:28:42 kernel: tdts_udbfw: Unknown symbol udb_shell_usr_msg_handler (err 0)
Jun 13 11:28:42 kernel: tdts_udbfw: Unknown symbol udb_shell_wan_detection (err 0)
Jun 13 11:28:42 kernel: tdts_udbfw: Unknown symbol dev_wan (err 0)
Jun 13 11:28:42 kernel: tdts_udbfw: Unknown symbol mode (err 0)
Jun 13 11:28:42 kernel: tdts_udbfw: Unknown symbol udb_shell_unregister_qos_ops (err 0)
Jun 13 11:28:42 kernel: tdts_udbfw: Unknown symbol udb_shell_get_action (err 0)
Jun 13 11:28:42 kernel: tdts_udbfw: Unknown symbol udb_shell_update_devid_un_http_ua (err 0)
Jun 13 11:28:42 kernel: tdts_udbfw: Unknown symbol udb_shell_do_fastpath_action (err 0)
Jun 13 11:28:42 kernel: tdts_udbfw: Unknown symbol udb_shell_update_qos_data (err 0)
Jun 13 11:28:42 kernel: tdts_udbfw: Unknown symbol udb_shell_register_qos_ops (err 0)
Jun 13 11:28:42 kernel: tdts_udbfw: Unknown symbol udb_shell_reg_func_find_ct (err 0)
Jun 13 11:28:46 rc_service: ip-up 515:notify_rc start_firewall
Jun 13 11:28:46 rc_service: ip-up 515:notify_rc stop_vpnserver1

For example, I restarted the router four times and the module load failed one of the four times.

Do you have anything plugged into your usb ports?

The advanced OpenVPN server settings are default ones? Do you have both servers running? If so, you could try shutting each down separately to see if that helps.

Do you have anything plugged into your usb ports?

The advanced OpenVPN server settings are default ones? Do you have both servers running? If so, you could try shutting each down separately to see if that helps.

Hi.

I don’t have any devices connected to USB ports. Only OpenVPN server 1 enabled with blank advanced settings.

Regards

I inderstand that by “blank” you mean default. Probably a complete waste of time but is it worth trying shutting down Server 1 and setting up Server 2?

When you have this problem are there any useful error messages on the OpenVPN Server page in yellow?

I inderstand that by “blank” you mean default. Probably a complete waste of time but is it worth trying shutting down Server 1 and setting up Server 2?

When you have this problem are there any useful error messages on the OpenVPN Server page in yellow?

Same behavior using Server 2. No useful messages in yellow.

Maybe I can try to force the start of AIProtection service on every reboot with a script at the end of boot sequence but I don’t know exactly the command to use and where is the best place to invoke the command after finishing the boot sequence.