What's new

Almost there.. need a little help with custom DDNS script

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MKANET

Regular Contributor
I'm using the provided DigitalOcean script here:

Only changing:
Code:
ACCESS_TOKEN="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
DOMAIN="website.com"
RECORD_ID="xxxxxxxxx"

I've set the script as an executable; placing it in the correct directory; and, allowing Merlin to use jffs scripts.

I am able to use the CURL command to do the same thing:
Code:
curl -fs -X GET -H "Content-Type: application/json" -H "Authorization: Bearer xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" -d "\"data\":\"xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\""  "https://api.digitalocean.com/v2/domains/website.com/records/xxxxxxxxx"

However, on the merlin DDNS interface, I get the DDNS status error: Request error! Please try again.

Error.png

In the Merlin System Log, it keeps showing:
Code:
Nov 22 15:25:34 watchdog: start ddns.
Nov 22 15:25:34 rc_service: watchdog 352:notify_rc start_ddns
Nov 22 15:25:34 start_ddns: update CUSTOM , wan_unit 0
Nov 22 15:25:34 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/ddns-start (args: 76.103.91.162)
Nov 22 15:26:04 watchdog: start ddns.
Nov 22 15:26:04 rc_service: watchdog 352:notify_rc start_ddns
Nov 22 15:26:04 start_ddns: update CUSTOM , wan_unit 0
Nov 22 15:26:04 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/ddns-start (args: 76.103.91.162)

What am I missing or doing wrong? Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited:
Update. I got it working. I had done everything perfectly before. Except, I had created the ddns-start using a tool like, "WinSCP". I had to follow the instructions in the link below to create the file using CAT... then, pasting the contents in the file.. and finally adding execute permissions:

Reactions: gkh

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!