What's new

[Alpha]386.8 Build

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The changelog gives us some good hints at what's changed and what can be targeted...

386.8 (xx-xxx-xxxx)
- NOTE: This release is only available for the RT-AX88U as well as the two new models listed below.
- NEW: Added support for the GT-AXE16000.
- NEW: Added support for the GT-AX11000_Pro.
- NEW: Added support for new RT-AX88U hardware revision.
- UPDATED: Merged with GPL 386_49634.
- CHANGED: Re-enabled IPv6 DDNS support.
- CHANGED: Once again block router DNS access over IPv6 when using DNSFilter on a pre-HND model (reverte back to 386.7 behaviour for that scenario)
- FIXED: inaccurate nvram usage on Sysinfo page for some HND models. Now accurately report kernel nvram usage.
- FIXED: WiFi Radar page alignment.
- FIXED: AiMesh node new firmware popup would use the device model (like RT-AC66U_B1) rather than the product id (like RT-AC68U) for the generated download URL.
- FIXED: OVPN client with DNS set to strict had lower priority than DNSPrivacy servers.
- FIXED: IPv6 DNS may be missing if DNSPrivacy is enabled.
- FIXED: WiFI Radar pages missing on XT12.
Not sure which hardware revision you are hinting at? Mine is A1.1 and have no problems. All of the AX88U items on the changelog seem to work flawless, except for the Wifi Radar. It reports a 0 (!) dB signal strength on the 2.4 band and 5 band and shows no graph on the the 5 band.

Attachments

• WiFi_Insight 2.4.jpg
    WiFi_Insight 2.4.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 72
  • WiFi_Insight 5.jpg
    WiFi_Insight 5.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 62
Joining in on the Alpha fun. Slapped this on my two RT-AX88U APs. So far, so good. All devices re-connected. IOT, Nest, TP-Link etc... all seem happy.
"Dirty Upgrades" and "Slapped This On"

I Do Not want to know the answer, butt do you wear a "leather IT uniform", whilst you Master Your Network?

"Dirty Upgrades" and "Slapped This On"

I Do Not want to know the answer, butt do you wear a "leather IT uniform", whilst you Master Your Network?
Clark, do you have a secret stash of Easyriders magazines?
assless chaps.JPG

Well this took a dark turn...

All good here on my AX88U, dirty flashed over 386.7_1 :)

I installed the GT-AXE16000 as my main router tonight, as things are now looking good enough for that (meaning I no longer need to constantly reboot it to run a new test build). It allowed me to detect a number of remaining issues related to the webui and this router's unusual radio order now that I had multiple wireless clients connected to it.

Are these issues related to the GT-AXE16000 only?
I think the ax88u looks good or should we look after specific things?

Upgraded to alpha1-g09802d268a 2 days ago on my two GT-AXE16000's. No issues running smooth. Had to give the AI mesh node a good 5-10 mins for it to reconnect and show up as 10 gig. All good.

Last edited:
Upgraded to alpha1-g09802d268a 2 days ago. No issues running smooth. Had to give the AI mesh node a good 5-10 mins for it to reconnect and show up as 10 gig. All good.
I think it would be good to mention your model of router - perhaps you may add a signature?

Are these issues related to the GT-AXE16000 only?
Yes, The GT-AXE16000 radios aren't in the same order as other models, so webui code expecting unit 0 to be 2.4 GHz will not work properly.

The title of this thread is confusing, it should be edited with the targeted models
That shouold be written on top of thread.

New alphas up!

From the RT-AX88U_386.8_alpha1-ge365a66780 changelog:

Code:
386.8 (xx-xxx-xxxx)
  - NOTE: This release is only available for the RT-AX88U as
          well as the two new models listed below.
  - NEW: Added support for the GT-AXE16000.
  - NEW: Added support for the GT-AX11000_Pro.
  - NEW: Added support for new RT-AX88U hardware revision.
  - UPDATED: Merged with GPL 386_49634.
  - CHANGED: Re-enabled IPv6 DDNS support.
  - CHANGED: Once again block router DNS access over IPv6 when
             using DNSFilter on a pre-HND model (reverte back
             to 386.7 behaviour for that scenario)
  - FIXED: inaccurate nvram usage on Sysinfo page for some HND
           models.  Now accurately report kernel nvram usage.
  - FIXED: WiFi Radar page alignment.
  - FIXED: AiMesh node new firmware popup would use the device model
           (like RT-AC66U_B1) rather than the product id (like
           RT-AC68U) for the generated download URL.
  - FIXED: OVPN client with DNS set to strict had lower priority
           than DNSPrivacy servers.
  - FIXED: IPv6 DNS may be missing if DNSPrivacy is enabled.
  - FIXED: WiFI Radar pages missing on XT12.

I've attached the syslog (loglevel: warning --- warning) from first boot, maybe it's useful.

It took about 3 minutes to receive the IPv6. This was very fast. Usually it takes about 10 minutes. But perhaps my ISP is in excellent condition ;-)

All things are running and vpn is working.

THX AGAIN to RMerlin!

Attachments

• syslog_alpha1.txt
    363.5 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Over on the official AsusWRT forum, the 388 version firmware for the AX88 is now a beta release...just sayin'

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!