What's new

[Alpha]386.8 Build

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Loaded the latest Alpha last night on my two RT-AX88U APs. No issues observed. Devices all reconnected and are still happy today.

Installed latest alpha on my two axe16000's. Nest somehow wouldnt connect back for a while until I went into its menu and re-selected the wifi to reconnect. Reconnect ok after a few tries, was a bit odd, never had an issue with the nest re-connecting to same wiif. Never changed SSID name or password or any settings actually. But yea that was the only device. So far so good, wifi 6e working well on my s21/s22 ultra phones.

EDIT: Just realized the reason my nest didn't connect was the 5ghz-1 was set to AX only mode. Tried switching it to N/AC/AX mixed mode but it will not apply the settings. Keeps being stuck on AX mode. I even tried putting it on auto but it keeps showing up as AX only mode after it restarted the wifi. I also noticed in firmware 386.8_alpha1-g09802d268a for the wifi 5ghz-1 you only get n and auto mode. No option for AC/N/AX mixed.

Last edited:
New alphas up!

From the RT-AX88U_386.8_alpha1-ge365a66780 changelog:

- NEW: Added support for new RT-AX88U hardware revision.

Quick question:
What is the new hardware revision?
I am about to order a AX88U, how do I find out if it is the new revision?
Thanks..

Quick question:
Thanks..
The hardware version is normally written on the box.
My router is h/w v.1, on the forums I see some have v.1.1, so maybe the new one is v.1.2?

Quick question:
Thanks..
It's not out yet.

It's not out yet.
Does the new revision have higher RAM or some other such features?
Or is it a simple revision due to some internal component change - that does not deliver any end user benefits?

Thanks.

Or is it a simple revision due to some internal component change - that does not deliver any end user benefits?
Just a minor hardware revision due to components availability, no change for the end user.

This firmware is quite good, no problems so far at all. I think there may be less wifi/aimesh log spam but can't be certain yet, this last version has only been flashed for near 24hours. AX88U rockin right along! Thank you @RMerlin

I also noticed in firmware 386.8_alpha1-g09802d268a for the wifi 5ghz-1 you only get n and auto mode. No option for AC/N/AX mixed.
Just as an additional note:
It works here with RT-AX88U

Attachments

• 5GHz.JPG
    5GHz.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 134

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!