What's new

[ALPHA] 386.9_alpha1 for WiFi 5 (802.11ac) Models (GT-AC2900, RT-AC68U, and RT-AC86U)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Just to confirm, are you expecting an update to the RT-AC5300 (once Asus releases the code of course).
Yes, unless for some reason they were unable to provide a working GPL for that model.

I installed the new firmware on a AC86U that is PPOE IPV4 ISP with IPV6 Tunnel 6RD configured. I use Google Domains for my DDNS provider. The problem I had was with DDNS not able to register because the IPV6 option was selected by default and it appears the Google Domains IPV6 does not work in my configuration. Would it make more sense to have the IPV6 DDNS option set to "no" due to the fact the IPV6 tends to have more challenges and IPV4 is very stable.

Does anybody use a DDNS provider that successfully works with IPV6? I have only used ASUS and Google Domains and have not had any luck.

Would it make more sense to have the IPV6 DDNS option set to "no" due to the fact the IPV6 tends to have more challenges and IPV4 is very stable.
Asus changed it to enable it by default with that new GPL. I'm seriously considering reverting that back to disabled considering how quirky Ipv6 DDNS support still is.

It does not work with tunnelbroker (Hurricane Electric).
Good with previous firmwares.

Attachments

• DDNS.png
    DDNS.png
    10 KB · Views: 69
Good with previous firmwares.
IPv6 DDNS support was disabled in previous firmware, so I highly doubt it was "good"...

Latest alpha installed and running without issues (AC88U).

Seeing the following entries constantly repeating in the log after update. The only thing installed is scMerlin and Entware, IPV4 only. Any ideas on what these entries are referring too?

Dec 17 14:19:19 rc_service: watchdog 445:notify_rc start_cfgsync
Dec 17 14:19:19 rc_service: waitting "start_amas_lanctrl" via watchdog ...
Dec 17 14:19:20 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event (args: start cfgsync)
Dec 17 14:19:50 rc_service: watchdog 445:notify_rc start_amas_lanctrl
Dec 17 14:19:50 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event (args: start amas_lanctrl)

Any info on the changes with the latest alpha?
You can either see post #11 where the alpha change log was posted from the Changelog-NG.txt file back on December 9th, or you can download the alpha firmware file for your device and extract the file Changelog-NG.txt to see the change log.

Download your model and open the zipfile.
You can either see post #11 where the alpha change log was posted from the Changelog-NG.txt file back on December 9th, or you can download the alpha firmware file for your device and extract the file Changelog-NG.txt to see the change log.

I already did that. Those just show the sum of changes compared to 386.7_2 and not the delta between alphas.

I found the info I wanted here:

Looks like minor changes for the AC86U between Dec 7 and Dec 17. Could be a good sign that there are no big issues with this alpha, but I suppose it could also be due to lack of user feedback. I guess I'll give it a whirl.

Looks like minor changes for the AC86U between Dec 7 and Dec 17.
I wouldn't consider updating dnsmasq from 2.85 to 2.88 "minor". It's a fairly major change, and one dnsmasq update out of two these past few years introduced new bugs, which was why I hadn't updated it in so long.

I wouldn't consider updating dnsmasq from 2.85 to 2.88 "minor". It's a fairly major change, and one dnsmasq update out of two these past few years introduced new bugs, which was why I hadn't updated it in so long.

ok. I installed that alpha on my cabin routers this morning. All good so far. Looks like 388.1 is not yet on dnsmasq 2.88?

Looks like 388.1 is not yet on dnsmasq 2.88?
Correct. None of the component updates from December 11th are part of 388.1, I deliberately limited component updates in 388.1 to focus on the move to 388 and avoid introducing more potential issues.

Updated AC88 to latest alpha over previous alpha, and zero issues.

Let's hope the 5300 gpl gets released soon. it's running quite stable on my ac68u.

Hi. Upgraded Mesh node AC-3100 to 386.9_alpha1-gfb36317a30 and now cannot get the 3100 to show back up to AX-86U router running 388.1. I upgraded AC88U the same way without problem. Has anyone done something similar successfully or seen any issues?

1671406580280.png

Seeing the following entries constantly repeating in the log after update.
That's AiMesh failing to initialize due to failure in model validation. It seems that the RT-AC3100 GPL incorrectly contained wireless components from the RT-AC88U. I will have to wait for a fixed GPL from Asus.