What's new

amtm amtm 3.2.x - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I found the issue. I was doing everything in that article, but did not do the last resort.

When I did that, then amtm was successful in sending the email. Thanks to #thelonelycoder and #JackYaz for their help.

Hi all. Happy New Years Eve !
I am new to merlin and atmt. So i have a couple of noob questions, if ok:
1. Led control: does this add to the gui after installing? Or is scheduling all done via ssh?
2. I have bought a usb 32gb stick (got for $5 via boxing day sales), so the two that I am immediately interested in, led control and scmerlin,
should i mount the usb and create a swap file first? In other words, do they take up a lot of space beyond jffs? Btw, I have a Ax88U.
Thanks in advance.

Hi all. Happy New Years Eve !
I am new to merlin and atmt. So i have a couple of noob questions, if ok:
1. Led control: does this add to the gui after installing? Or is scheduling all done via ssh?
2. I have bought a usb 32gb stick (got for $5 via boxing day sales), so the two that I am immediately interested in, led control and scmerlin,
should i mount the usb and create a swap file first? In other words, do they take up a lot of space beyond jffs? Btw, I have a Ax88U.
Thanks in advance.
Happy New Years as well (nice router BTW, I have one as well ;-)

To get the led control and scMerlin (and other good addons) I would recommend this:

1) Insert your usb stick into the router
2) Login via ssh and run “amtm”
3) You will select amtm’s color scheme then be shown the main menu
4) First, format the USB stick using the fd command. Take it’s recommendations (i.e. ext4 with journaling and make sure to label the stick)
5) After format, the router willl reboot.
6) Go back into ssh and run amtm again.
7) Now, setup a swap file. Select the command sw. With a 32gb stick go for the recommended 2Gb swap size. This will take a while.
8) I would then install Entware, again from the menu.
9) Finally, you can now install most any of the addons.

In your case, the lc command will install the LED scheduler. It is managed through the CLI (using ssh in your case).
scMerlin is also good to have around! It does have a web page so once installed you can run scMerlin either via CLI/ssh or through the Web (Addons tab).

Good luck, fun stuff in amtm!

The amtm LED control management is done through the SSH UI only.
These two do not require an attached device, they install to and run from the router built in /jffs/ partition.
That is, unless you want to use the sunset/sunrise setting in amtm to control the LEDs, this particular feature requires Entware installed.
If you want that feature, insert the device into the router, run fd in amtm to format the disk, then run ep to install Entware.

@JGrana and @thelonelycoder : Thanks so much for the replies.

I will do once 386.4 is released.

Do you think if I go with Beta3 now vs waiting for the official release will be any different? (to me, I always before a production release vs preprod or test but I'll value your advise)

@JGrana and @thelonelycoder : Thanks so much for the replies.

I will do once 386.4 is released.

Do you think if I go with Beta3 now vs waiting for the official release will be any different? (to me, I always before a production release vs preprod or test but I'll value your advise)
I have a bunch of test routers, naturally. These get updates as soon as it reaches beta to test my scripts on them.
My main router however remains on the latest stable release version until an update is released.

It is up to you to run beta firmware on your sole router.

Last edited:
amtm 3.2.2 is now available

What's new
CHANGED: Email settings em has now a verbose testmail option for troubleshooting.
CHANGED: Developer friendly URL scheme in all @Jack Yaz scripts.
CHANGED: Updated all support thread URLs, visible when installing a script.
CHANGED: The swap file size options in sw are now 250 and 500 MB, 1, 2, 5 and 10 GB, thanks to RavenSystem
CHANGED: More preparation for upcoming amtm iOS Shortcuts release.
CHANGED: LED control hour display fix.
CHANGED: Routers running outdated firmware now use /opt/bin/curl for file downloads, if the binary is found.
CHANGED: The year.

How to update
Use u to update amtm to this latest version

Last edited:
10GB swap file, here I come! :)

10GB swap file, here I come! :)
User RavenSystem on GitHub reported that during certain Unbound operations his router became unresponsive due to lack of memory. A 10 GB swap file saved him further headaches.

is there a benefit to increasing the swap file to lets say 5gb from 2gb on a 16gb usb stick? I mean should I or no?
Generally, the recommended option of 2 GB is more than sufficient. The 5 and 10 GB options are for those with special needs ;)
I also (re) added the 250 and 500 MB options, if solely for the reason that I can use my older USB sticks in my test routers with a reasonably sized swap file.
Diversion will follow with the same swap file size options when it gets its next update.

Generally, the recommended option of 2 GB is more than sufficient. The 5 and 10 GB options are for those with special needs ;)
I also (re) added the 250 and 500 MB options, if solely for the reason that I can use my older USB sticks in my test routers with a reasonably sized swap file.
Diversion will follow with the same swap file size options when it gets its next update.
But is there an advantage to running a bigger swap because I see the router always is like at max mem usage.

But is there an advantage to running a bigger swap because I see the router always is like at max mem usage.
Likely not. Look in the Tools tab, it shows swap file usage.
Only worry about memory usage if you have a concrete reason to look into it. Linux handles memory differently than Windows.

Search this board for discussions about that topic. Don‘t forget to come up for air while you read discussions for days.
The conclusion of all of these excursions into apparent uncharted memorial territory: Get a life.

To me, the advantage is to set it and forget it (and then, get a life)! :D

Is anyone using the sunset/sunrise LED option in amtm?
Just wanted to hear feedback for this long awaited but never asked for feature that I had in my head for over a year.
Finally got to coding it some time ago and it was as much fun getting it to work as I imagined.

I REALLY LOVE IT that my router does the same as all my iPads, iPhones and computers :):cool:

Is anyone using the sunset/sunrise LED option in amtm?
Just wanted to hear feedback for this long awaited but never asked for feature that I had in my head for over a year.
Finally got to coding it some time ago and it was as much fun getting it to work as I imagined.

I REALLY LOVE IT that my router does the same as all my iPads, iPhones and computers :):cool:
I can test it but my router is in a cupboard under the stairs so I'm probably not the best data point :D

I can test it but my router is in a cupboard under the stairs so I'm probably not the best data point :D
I know it works, no testing needed. I just want to hear something positive to make my day even brighter…

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!