What's new

amtm AMTM Addition

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Elmer

Would it be possible to add an editable "launcher" to AMTM that would show up in the menu and allow the user to launch their own scripts or apps not integrated into AMTM?

Sure it's possible. The code is open source on github. Clone it, add yor code changes or do a pull request with your code, and the author may accept.

Would it be possible to add an editable "launcher" to AMTM that would show up in the menu and allow the user to launch their own scripts or apps not integrated into AMTM?
Let me think about it.

Not sure I follow why opening a terminal window to do amtm and then some menu to call myscript is easier than opening a terminal window to do ./myscript, and why encouraging folks to edit amtm is that great an idea.

One advantage of amtm is forcing developers to adopt a common install/uninstall/enable/disable structure before it is allowed in.

For one, you'll be able to see all installed scripts in one place.

For one, you'll be able to see all installed scripts in one place.
Of a particular type and outside of the Wireguard script mostly already in amtm.

I imagine you have a few scripts of your own. I have one that emails me a daily report of pixelserv blockings by device running as a cron on each router. I've got a script that manages openvpn logins. I've got a script that makes further edits to the scribe script so I can easily get it back to where I want it after an update. I don't expect those to be in amtm or heaven forfend, the firmware.

Nothing is stopping folks from studying amtm, or diversion and the other scripts here, and then fooling around with ./myscript. But I can see a whole lot of messages directed to @thelonelycoder to the effect of "why isn't amtm running my script. All it is doing is installing nextcloud on the router to access my raid5 array".

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!