What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Here's another Yea to keep the thread the way it is.

But hopefully it's not against that threading policy to make 2 suggestions:

1. I would vote for a version change every time there is a change, no matter how small. As a guy who used to work in an environment where versions were religiously changed, it really does make it easier for others to know when something is different.

2. You have a nice feature of scheduling a router reboot using the rs command. I used it but just now wanted to see how long the GUI would stay working without a weekly reboot after I disabled AIProtect. Btw, I found that rs only sometimes works. When it fails, the router goes to sleep that requires manual intervention to get going again. Anyway, when I disabled rs, and the amtm menu repainted, the rs command was gone. I expect that in 2 months when I want to add it back in, I will have forgotten that command, and will need to search the thread to find it. Maybe you could present the rs option in a way that says it is disabled, or greyed out, or ??. That way I can at least find the command when I need it. Also, are there any other commands like that, that if you are not using it, just disappears from the menu?

Thanks,
If your sig is correct, you have a really, really old firmware version that had a bug for years. You might want to update since it was fixed recently by ASUS.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/ac86u-sometimes-powers-completely-off-during-reboot.48296/

Check out the I nstall choice in the menu in AMTM. That is what Colin Taylor is showing you above. This is from the image in post #1 of this thread.
XWGL9vN.png

Code:
 i  install  scripts or tools

If your sig is correct, you have a really, really old firmware version that had a bug for years. You might want to update since it was fixed recently by ASUS.

If you are talking about power-off after reboot issue:
- there in no information what exactly is fixed in Asuswrt 81049
- there is no Asuswrt-Merlin yet based on Asuswrt 81049, so we'll have to wait a bit

I see diversion 4.1.5 in post #1281. Is this available now? It is not listed on the Diversion web page.

I have the 4.1.4 version too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are talking about power-off after reboot issue:
- there in no information what exactly is fixed in Asuswrt 81049
- there is no Asuswrt-Merlin yet based on Asuswrt 81049, so we'll have to wait a bit
Butterfly Bones - I'm still on 8_2 because other than this power-off bug, it works for me. I keep waiting for a version that is more up-to-date, that fixes some bugs that are outstanding, and does not break something else that I use (for example, View Device list). Hopefully 14 will be that version, but until then, I'll stay with 8_2.

For me, when rs is active, it shows that option. But if I disable rs, then it goes away from the list.

Butterfly Bones - I'm still on 8_2 because other than this power-off bug, it works for me. I keep waiting for a version that is more up-to-date, that fixes some bugs that are outstanding, and does not break something else that I use (for example, View Device list). Hopefully 14 will be that version, but until then, I'll stay with 8_2.

For me, when rs is active, it shows that option. But if I disable rs, then it goes away from the list.
Press the "I" key when in the AMTM screen and you will see it.

That "hidden when NOT enabled" is by design.

Press the "I" key when in the AMTM screen and you will see it.

That "hidden when NOT enabled" is by design.
I (also i) works, thanks. Looks like it was right under my nose.

Why add pixelserv-tls CA for WebUI? What benefit? I don't understand
It uses the ca.crt generated for pixelserv-tls to generate a domain certificate for your WebUI.
If the ca.crt is imported into browsers/devices you get no certificate warning for that self-signed domain certificate.

Feature request for amtm?
I recently had issues with really slow webgui access to the "System Log" Tab [NB using syslog-ng], especially in latest Chrome - less so but still an issue in latest Firefox. Not a Cache issue - cleared Caches ... made no difference.

After lots of fiddling - I wandered into the Diversion Menu - and selected the ep option [pixelserv-tls] - then option 6 [Manage Entware packages] then option 5 [update and upgrade installed packages] - and discovered that a whole bunch of updates were required and applied. It's been a long while since I first installed amtm - then Diversion etc. - so probably should not have been surprised.

However, amazingly - that sorted my slow webgui access to the System Log Tab under both browsers ... and generally seemed to improve the performance of the webgui. I'm not clued up enough to know why or which packages did the trick - just know it worked.

So here is the feature request ... I make regular use of amtm's "u" option to seek updates to the scripts provided by amtm ... "How about extending its functionality to also check for any updates in the Entware packages already installed?" That would at least alert us "less informed / non-coders" to the possible need to run those updates too!

MANY thanks to @thelonelycoder for the magic of amtm which really compliments the magic of Merlin-Ware :D.

Feature request for amtm?
I recently had issues with really slow webgui access to the "System Log" Tab [NB using syslog-ng], especially in latest Chrome - less so but still an issue in latest Firefox. Not a Cache issue - cleared Caches ... made no difference.

After lots of fiddling - I wandered into the Diversion Menu - and selected the ep option [pixelserv-tls] - then option 6 [Manage Entware packages] then option 5 [update and upgrade installed packages] - and discovered that a whole bunch of updates were required and applied. It's been a long while since I first installed amtm - then Diversion etc. - so probably should not have been surprised.

However, amazingly - that sorted my slow webgui access to the System Log Tab under both browsers ... and generally seemed to improve the performance of the webgui. I'm not clued up enough to know why or which packages did the trick - just know it worked.

So here is the feature request ... I make regular use of amtm's "u" option to seek updates to the scripts provided by amtm ... "How about extending its functionality to also check for any updates in the Entware packages already installed?" That would at least alert us "less informed / non-coders" to the possible need to run those updates too!

MANY thanks to @thelonelycoder for the magic of amtm which really compliments the magic of Merlin-Ware :D.

+1!

Adding a check for Entware updates did cross my mind, it just never stuck.

Let's see, all version numbers in this screenshot (including amtm and Diversion) may not be available to the public yet.

kF4ajce.png

Oh my...Thank you for the work to make that happen. I've been following along on the Entware channel on Telegram and update when something pops up there. Now you've automated it for me!

amtm 2.9 is now available

What's new
- The update function u now checks for updated Entware packages in ep (thumbs up to @kernol) and DNSCrypt proxy update in dnscrypt installer di.
- Available updates for Entware packages and DNSCrypt proxy are included when Diversion update notification DivUn is enabled.
- Properly checks if DNS-over-TLS (DoT) is enabled in the router WebUI before attempting installation of dnscrypt installer di.
- When Diversion is installed, amtm now correctly restarts pixelserv-tls when updated through ep.
- Changed i function wording to say "show inactive scripts or tools" and "hide inactive scripts or tools" respectively.

This update includes these previously pushed updates with no version change (minor updates):
- Theme selector t now displays all color variants in use.
- Correctly detects DNSCrypt proxy version number in dnscrypt installer di when "-beta.*" string is removed.

How to update amtm
Use u to update to this latest version.

TxCmxtw.png

amtm 2.9 is now available

What's new
- The update function u now checks for updated Entware packages in ep (thumbs up to @kernol) and DNSCrypt proxy update in dnscrypt installer di.
- Available updates for Entware packages and DNSCrypt proxy are included when Diversion update notification DivUn is enabled.
- Properly checks if DNS-over-TLS (DoT) is enabled in the router WebUI before attempting installation of dnscrypt installer di.
- When Diversion is installed, amtm now correctly restarts pixelserv-tls when updated through ep.
- Changed i function wording to say "show inactive scripts or tools" and "hide inactive scripts or tools" respectively.

This update includes these previously pushed updates with no version change (minor updates):
- Theme selector t now displays all color variants in use.
- Correctly detects DNSCrypt proxy version number in dnscrypt installer di when "-beta.*" string is removed.

How to update amtm
Use u to update to this latest version.

TxCmxtw.png
First off, awesome work, amtm has become indispensable for me. It just keeps getting better and better!

Minor aesthetics: No matter what you have the menu set for, when you use "u" to check for updates it always has "i" as show inactive scripts or tools. Consider suppressing that line for the 'u' menu or have the "i" setting carry over and have it say "not inst" in the column that has "no upd" or the version number?

Also, can the 'i' setting be made sticky from session to session?

Minor aesthetics: No matter what you have the menu set for, when you use "u" to check for updates it always has "i" as show inactive scripts or tools. Consider suppressing that line for the 'u' menu or have the "i" setting carry over and have it say "not inst" in the column that has "no upd" or the version number?
No matter where you are, if you use u it'll fall back to the "installed" screen.
To be honest, I'm not losing sleep over it.
Also, can the 'i' setting be made sticky from session to session?
No, amtm has no settings file, except the theme setting file when set through it. If not, this file is removed.

Not sure if amtm has anything to do with this, so direct me please. IDK if this is a problem but seeing JFFS at 99% worries me. Thoughts? Do I need to take some actions? I already rebooted the AC86U, no change. AMTM was at 2.7 so I updated to 2.9. It all seems OK - just 99% is like a big red flag! Thanks!

:/tmp/home/root# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
ubi:rootfs_ubifs 77.2M 63.5M 13.6M 82% /
devtmpfs 214.9M 0 214.9M 0% /dev
tmpfs 215.0M 364.0K 214.7M 0% /var
mtd:bootfs 4.4M 3.3M 1.1M 75% /bootfs
mtd:data 8.0M 708.0K 7.3M 9% /data
tmpfs 215.0M 1.4M 213.7M 1% /tmp
/dev/mtdblock8 48.0M 47.4M 620.0K 99% /jffs
/dev/mtdblock8 48.0M 47.4M 620.0K 99% /www/Feedback_Info.asp
/dev/mtdblock8 48.0M 47.4M 620.0K 99% /www/AdaptiveQoS_ROG.asp
/dev/mtdblock8 48.0M 47.4M 620.0K 99% /www/state.js
/dev/mtdblock8 48.0M 47.4M 620.0K 99% /www/Advanced_MultiSubnet_Content.asp
/dev/mtdblock8 48.0M 47.4M 620.0K 99% /www/Advanced_Feedback.asp
/dev/mtdblock8 48.0M 47.4M 620.0K 99% /www/require/modules/menuTree.js
/dev/mtdblock8 48.0M 47.4M 620.0K 99% /www/start_apply.htm
/dev/sda 58.4G 2.3G 53.1G 4% /tmp/mnt/1122-ASUS-AC86U

See this posting.. I"m not the only one to hit this --> https://www.snbforums.com/threads/nvram-disappeared-overnight.59931/#post-523385

I do not think this is amtm..

Last edited:
Not sure if amtm has anything to do with this, so direct me please. IDK if this is a problem but seeing JFFS at 99% worries me. Thoughts? Do I need to take some actions? I already rebooted the AC86U, no change. AMTM was at 2.7 so I updated to 2.9. It all seems OK - just 99% is like a big red flag! Thanks!

:/tmp/home/root# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
ubi:rootfs_ubifs 77.2M 63.5M 13.6M 82% /
devtmpfs 214.9M 0 214.9M 0% /dev
tmpfs 215.0M 364.0K 214.7M 0% /var
mtd:bootfs 4.4M 3.3M 1.1M 75% /bootfs
mtd:data 8.0M 708.0K 7.3M 9% /data
tmpfs 215.0M 1.4M 213.7M 1% /tmp
/dev/mtdblock8 48.0M 47.4M 620.0K 99% /jffs
/dev/mtdblock8 48.0M 47.4M 620.0K 99% /www/Feedback_Info.asp
/dev/mtdblock8 48.0M 47.4M 620.0K 99% /www/AdaptiveQoS_ROG.asp
/dev/mtdblock8 48.0M 47.4M 620.0K 99% /www/state.js
/dev/mtdblock8 48.0M 47.4M 620.0K 99% /www/Advanced_MultiSubnet_Content.asp
/dev/mtdblock8 48.0M 47.4M 620.0K 99% /www/Advanced_Feedback.asp
/dev/mtdblock8 48.0M 47.4M 620.0K 99% /www/require/modules/menuTree.js
/dev/mtdblock8 48.0M 47.4M 620.0K 99% /www/start_apply.htm
/dev/sda 58.4G 2.3G 53.1G 4% /tmp/mnt/1122-ASUS-AC86U
Run this command to see what’s using the most space. If it’s a directory cd to it and amend the command.
Code:
du -sk /jffs/* | sort -rn
Or the top 10 files:
Code:
find /jffs -exec ls -ld {} + | sort -rnk 5 | head -10

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!