What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@all and @Elmer
Would this do for the reboot scheduler? The selection is either by days or with the presets, only one choice can be set.
Does the selection and explanation make sense?

Pyj8VW3.png

If I'm understanding this correctly, based on your example if I enter 13 does that reboot Monday and Wednesday or Day 1 and 15 every month? Or do I first choose either days or presets and then enter my choice? If not the latter could you use 80-85 for the presets as to not conflict with the day entry?

If I'm understanding this correctly, based on your example if I enter 13 does that reboot Monday and Wednesday or Day 1 and 15 every month? Or do I first choose either days or presets and then enter my choice? If not the latter could you use 80-85 for the presets as to not conflict with the day entry?
That was just an example. 1-7 are specific days, 90 - 95 are now the presets.
This way I can do some advanced input validation...

This is what the options look like after I finished coding the logic:

wYJcURG.png

Edit: Yeah, that 10 and 15 should say 90 and 95 respectively.

Last edited:
amtm 2.8 is now available

What's new
- With renewed activity, dnscrypt installer di is again available to install through amtm. amtm makes sure the latest DNSCrypt proxy version is available to install.
- ep now has an option to view a structured list of installed Scripts and Entware packages. Thanks @Martineau for the inspiration.
- Added more options in the reboot scheduler rs. Thanks @Elmer for the suggestion.
- Added option in disk check dc to exclude devices from being checked. Thanks @Butterfly Bones for the suggestion.

How to update amtm
Use u to update to this latest version.

XWGL9vN.png

- ep now has an option to view a structured list of installed Scripts and Entware packages. Thanks @Martineau for the inspiration.
Shouldn't you be checking '/opt/bin/' rather than '/opt/sbin' for Non-Entware scripts?

Shouldn't you be checking '/opt/bin/' rather than '/opt/sbin' for Non-Entware scripts?
I do, /opt/bin/ and /opt/sbin/ if you have any in that folder. I added the following / to better optically differentiate between /bin and /sbin btw.

I do, /opt/bin/ and /opt/sbin/ if you have any in that folder. I added the following / to better optically differentiate between /bin and /sbin btw.
Ahh, I'm using the 'reduced_cw' theme, and nothing is visually displayed.

I see, or actually I too don't! A bug in the newly added BLUE color for that function which I have lifted off of the Diversion scheme.

Same in Diversion. But it's not a bug, just the combination of the SSH terminal capabilities and the background color in use.
Hence the selection screen in both amtm and Diversion to see if everything is displayed properly when selecting a theme.
I just have to add the new BLUE color to the amtm selector overview so one can spot the difference.

I've pushed an amtm update, no version change

What's changed
- Theme selector now displays all color variants in use.

Use u to update.

Here's a comparison with Xshell 6 on Windows (dark) and standard terminal on CentOS with white background.

33kgXVE.png

I've pushed another amtm update, still no version change

What's changed
- Correctly detects DNSCrypt proxy version number in dnscrypt installer di when "-beta.*" string is removed.

Use u to update.

amtm 2.8 is now available
I don't know if it has been discussed already or if there is some other purpóse or forum rule..... But I'm curious as to why you (and other similar threads) keep adding on posts. I know it makes it easier as there is a static liñbthat can be put into a signature, but I find it off-putting.

First, many of the posts have no value as they are "thank you" posts, many are stupid comments such as this post :), many ask for features that are rejected, many ask for features that have subsequently been added, many are off topic, etc, etc

Finding the useful information, particularly for someone new who is considering implementing your wonderful efforts, is difficult in a 64+ page thread.

Have you considered either asking to clean out the thread on every new release or posting a static locked thread to allow for links in a signature, but starting a new thread for new versions?

Love the work and the support, but just my personal opinion pointing out that super long posts about multiple versions can really turn people off and negate all the good things about your work.

Don't mean to come across as negative, just trying to make it easier for people to read / understand / implement without spending a week reading first :)

Keep up the good work.

I don't know if it has been discussed already or if there is some other purpóse or forum rule..... But I'm curious as to why you (and other similar threads) keep adding on posts. I know it makes it easier as there is a static liñbthat can be put into a signature, but I find it off-putting.

First, many of the posts have no value as they are "thank you" posts, many are stupid comments such as this post :), many ask for features that are rejected, many ask for features that have subsequently been added, many are off topic, etc, etc

Finding the useful information, particularly for someone new who is considering implementing your wonderful efforts, is difficult in a 64+ page thread.

Have you considered either asking to clean out the thread on every new release or posting a static locked thread to allow for links in a signature, but starting a new thread for new versions?

Love the work and the support, but just my personal opinion pointing out that super long posts about multiple versions can really turn people off and negate all the good things about your work.

Don't mean to come across as negative, just trying to make it easier for people to read / understand / implement without spending a week reading first :)

Keep up the good work.
It's partially been discussed, search this forum, they are spread across multiple threads. Does it make it easier searching the complete forum for a search term than just one thread? Thought so.
This is a discussion board that stays mostly on topic tough I'm known to have a tendency to go off topic every now an then. But it's a discussion and like in real live one throws in a personal matter or some other observation or thought into the round, just for the heck of it.

Having a new thread for each release is not helping at all. Look at the Asuswrt-Merlin 384.13 release thread, it's currently at 48 pages. See what I'm hinting at? Threads get long but at least all info is in one place.
Also, with a new thread all inbound links would be pointing to the wrong thread, like the ones I publish on diversion.ch. I'd have to remember to change each of them to the new thread. I'm not going to do that.
AB-Solution used to have it's own threads for a time but that additional work is not worth it.

Also, with a new thread that gets pushed back to page 2,3 or even further, how would you find it? I always post the latest version to diversion.ch and in post #1 in this thread. I may be a lazy butt when it comes to updates without version change.
But then, like every software there's a way to check for updates in amtm and Diversion.

Here's another Yea to keep the thread the way it is.

But hopefully it's not against that threading policy to make 2 suggestions:

1. I would vote for a version change every time there is a change, no matter how small. As a guy who used to work in an environment where versions were religiously changed, it really does make it easier for others to know when something is different.

2. You have a nice feature of scheduling a router reboot using the rs command. I used it but just now wanted to see how long the GUI would stay working without a weekly reboot after I disabled AIProtect. Btw, I found that rs only sometimes works. When it fails, the router goes to sleep that requires manual intervention to get going again. Anyway, when I disabled rs, and the amtm menu repainted, the rs command was gone. I expect that in 2 months when I want to add it back in, I will have forgotten that command, and will need to search the thread to find it. Maybe you could present the rs option in a way that says it is disabled, or greyed out, or ??. That way I can at least find the command when I need it. Also, are there any other commands like that, that if you are not using it, just disappears from the menu?

Thanks,

2. You have a nice feature of scheduling a router reboot using the rs command. I used it but just now wanted to see how long the GUI would stay working without a weekly reboot after I disabled AIProtect. Btw, I found that rs only sometimes works. When it fails, the router goes to sleep that requires manual intervention to get going again. Anyway, when I disabled rs, and the amtm menu repainted, the rs command was gone. I expect that in 2 months when I want to add it back in, I will have forgotten that command, and will need to search the thread to find it. Maybe you could present the rs option in a way that says it is disabled, or greyed out, or ??. That way I can at least find the command when I need it. Also, are there any other commands like that, that if you are not using it, just disappears from the menu?
It doesn't disappear. It's shown as an enable-able option.
Untitled.png

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!