What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

amtm 3.1.4 is now available

What's new
- A couple of bug fixes
- Improved download error handling

Note: The new download error handling only comes into effect after the initial run of amtm for the released Asuswrt-Merlin 384.15 firmware version.
Make sure that fwupdate.asuswrt-merlin.net and diversion.ch correctly resolve on the router before first running the firmware amtm.

Use u to update

Edit: Big fck up on my side, sorry. The wrong download URLs are corrected and re-uploaded.
For for those that already updated the firmware amtm, use r to reset, then open amtm to get the new files.

Last edited:

What's new
- A couple of bug fixes

Note: The new download error handling only comes into effect after the initial run of amtm for the released Asuswrt-Merlin 384.15 firmware version.
Make sure that fwupdate.asuswrt-merlin.net and diversion.ch correctly resolve on the router before first running the firmware amtm.

Use u to update
After installing your update, re-running amtm with a 'u' seems to be stuck in a loop = continually rescanning for updates. It that the improvement?

What's new
- A couple of bug fixes

Use u to update
After updating amtm it is stuck in an update loop.

I get this after update:

! using fallback server diversion.ch
Update aborted, could not retrieve version

I just updated to amtm 3.14 FW on a customer's RT-AC86U on RMerlin 384.15_0 and am experiencing the 'u' update loop too.

CTRL C can cancel it and I updated YazFi and Unbound to the latest, but 'u' or 'uu' does not work.

Note: using 'uu' shows, '! using fallback server diversion.ch Update aborted, could not retrieve version'.

Big fck up on my side, sorry. The wrong download URLs are corrected and re-uploaded.
For for those that already updated the firmware amtm, use r to reset, then open amtm to get the new files.

strange because I did it the first time I had no issues.

I updated it 3 mins after your post that a new version was out.

Last edited:
strange because I did it the first time I had no issues.

I update it 3 mins after your post that a new version was out.
My blunder only came into effect when checking for updates or when new modules are installed.
The improved download error handling required extensive testing. I'm sure there will be no further complaints once the updated firmware amtm is pulled into Asuswrt-Merlin 384.16 (currently in Alpha testing).

My blunder only came into effect when checking for updates or when new modules are installed.
The improved download error handling required extensive testing. I'm sure there will be no further complaints once the updated firmware amtm is pulled into Asuswrt-Merlin 384.16 (currently in Alpha testing).

That's the thing though I did check for updates it saw it downloaded all the modules and everything was done.

@thelonelycoder, the issue seems to be continuing? Even after an 'r' reset.

RT-AC86U v384.15_0.

If I use 'uu', then it 'redownloads' all the .mod files without issues, including 'amtm_rev1.mod' too.

However, if I just issue a 'u' command, it is in a loop once again. :(

That's the thing though I did check for updates it saw it downloaded all the modules and everything was done.
I uploaded the corrected files before I posted the correction ;)

@thelonelycoder, the issue seems to be continuing? Even after an 'r' reset.

RT-AC86U v384.15_0.

If I use 'uu', then it 'redownloads' all the .mod files without issues, including 'amtm_rev1.mod' too.

However, if I just issue a 'u' command, it is in a loop once again. :(
I see, let me check.

Here too, 87U 13_4

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!