What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@EmeraldDeer I would suggest having the swap file on the same partition as the Entware installation, at a minimum (the scripts 'live' because of both).
Right, because of Skynet expecting swap. The minimum 1 GB swap file is much larger than Entware/Diversion/Skynet will ever use, but so be it.
As for a Samba share? I have a NAS for that.
I copy my router backups to a Windows computer over the Samba share.
Btw, what do you consider a 'large' partition? I am currently using a 256GB USB drive and considering a 512GB USB drive in the near future (if it proves to be faster, as it is advertised as such). I don't think that fast USB drives, even at these capacities, are considered 'large' for the router though (asking, I may be wrong)?
I do not have a GB threshold for what I would consider a large partition. My definition of a large partition is whatever size on your router which results in a full filesystem check interfering with a normal reboot. I have a 500 GB Samsung T5 SSD. It would take a few minutes for a full filesystem check to complete. Of course you would not realize what is happening, think it is hanging and power cycle, exacerbating the issue.

By default, there are thresholds for days or mounts which trigger a full filesystem check. A quick filesystem check of even a large partition will only take seconds. Full Filesystem checks by threshold appear to be disabled when you create a filesystem with amtm. My opinion is that I want to have full filesystem checks as often as possible on a small Entware partition because it is the only time it can happen. It should be disabled for other partitions because it takes too long during reboot and you can unmount, filesystem check and remount while the router is up.

It would take a few minutes for a full filesystem check to complete. Of course you would not realize what is happening, think it is hanging and power cycle, exacerbating the issue.

I've always wondered if there is any visual way to show that the filesystem check is occurring. For example, some flashing LED's on the router, spinning antennas or the router physically doing a thumbs up;

businessman-router-is-installed-in-cartoon-wall-vector-illustration-drawing_csp66021091.jpg

@Xentrk thank you for that! I really appreciate your response. :)

You may need to increase your swap file size though. 2MB is much too small for Skynet to live! :D
Typo. It was getting late when I wrote my reply. It is 2GB! I'll edit the original post.

I've pushed an amtm update, no version change
- Bugfix: Delete a single or multiple swap files (if found)

Use u to update amtm.
Hey m8 I have this problem at the mo after deleting the swap and making a new one. I can't see 2 and have tried forcing AMTM to update and resetting it?

It insists I have multiple swap files and currently I have none!

Hey m8 I have this problem at the mo after deleting the swap and making a new one. I can't see 2 and have tried forcing AMTM to update and resetting it?

It insists I have multiple swap files and currently I have none!

Wow - you pulled the above quote from a post in April last year ???
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/amtm-the-asuswrt-merlin-terminal-menu.42415/page-44#post-484049

Did you follow the advice given in the post immediately after the one above?
Disable Diversion, Skynet and Scribe [if installed] then use amtm to delete all swap files until none are shown - then create a single new one of 1Gb or more. Hope that helps. If not - you may have to start again by formatting the usb.

Wow - you pulled the above quote from a post in April last year ???
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/amtm-the-asuswrt-merlin-terminal-menu.42415/page-44#post-484049

Did you follow the advice given in the post immediately after the one above?
Disable Diversion, Skynet and Scribe [if installed] then use amtm to delete all swap files until none are shown - then create a single new one of 1Gb or more. Hope that helps. If not - you may have to start again by formatting the usb.
Problem is it doesn't show any to delete
Code:
 Multiple swap files found, only one file is
 supported. Enter sw to delete.
 supported.
 Press Enter to return to menu

Problem is it doesn't show any to delete
Code:
 Multiple swap files found, only one file is
 supported. Enter sw to delete.
 supported.
 Press Enter to return to menu
Does cat /proc/swaps return anything?
Code:
# cat /proc/swaps
Filename                                Type            Size    Used    Priority
/tmp/mnt/swp/myswap.swp                 file            1048572 0       -1

I don't have the logs anymore. I'll try again on a another USB drive over the weekend and post the results.
I wonder why I spent the time coding that feature into my scripts when the logs are ignored and not posted in case of a failure. Are you sure there's no fdl log shown in amtm?

I wonder why I spent the time coding that feature into my scripts when the logs are ignored and not posted in case of a failure. Are you sure there's no fdl log shown in amtm?
I wonder, if the default were to exit as opposed to delete the log, whether we would see more logs posted :)
Edit: There actually is no default, one must choose "1" or "e". Oh well.

I had a major owie / wowie, not sure what the !@#$%& happened. Just that I lost a bunch of files on my mounted SSD, after I copied everything from my USB thumb drive to the SSD a couple days back. I just wiped and and trying to restore some backup files, Diversion, Skynet, etc.

I'm getting this error in AMTM and scribe, tried update, force update, remove, reinstall. Searching here on SNB and Google are getting me nowhere. Could use some help, please.
Code:
grep: error while loading shared libraries: /opt/lib/libgcc_s.so.1: file too short
Tried searching Entware on mu drive & the Entware repository, no results. At this point I have no idea what to reinstall, force update, remove and reinstall. o_O

@Butterfly Bones, sorry to see this happen to you.

I don't rely on backups once they've failed.

I would simply start fresh with formatting the SSD and manually installing all programs for the most stable install possible. ;)

@Butterfly Bones, sorry to see this happen to you.

I don't rely on backups once they've failed.

I would simply start fresh with formatting the SSD and manually installing all programs for the most stable install possible. ;)
I have removed the USB and SSD, formatted the USB, trying to install AMTM and utilites. Typing AMTM after SSH connection gives that error.

Trying to install amtm? That should already be installed on 384.15_0. And, used to format the USB drive too. ;)

I have removed the USB and SSD, formatted the USB, trying to install AMTM and utilites. Typing AMTM after SSH connection gives that error.
You have some Entware remnants leftover, if you really did format the SSD before running amtm. Try to remove the entware link if it still exists:
Code:
rm /tmp/opt

Trying to install amtm? That should already be installed on 384.15_0. And, used to format the USB drive too. ;)
Yeah, I know, that is the mystery. Typing AMTM at SSH log in returns.
Code:
grep: error while loading shared libraries: /opt/lib/libgcc_s.so.1: file too short

You have some Entware remnants leftover, if you really did format the SSD before running amtm. Try to remove the entware link if it still exists:
Code:
rm /tmp/opt
I did not format the SSD yet, it removed from the router completely. Trying to use just the USB drive for script add-ons for now. Had to remove it and format in my desktop Linux box, standby....

Now I have formatted the USB thumb drive 3 times in AMTM, and it still thinks that Skynet, Scribe, uiScribe are installed! How can that be?!?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!