What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@Torson, yes, it uninstalls the two scripts and their logs. But you can just re-install them afterward. :)

If you want/need it, save the logs manually first (myself? I don't care about logs if the system is working 'now'). :)

Update:

Running RT-AX88U with 384.16 Alpha 1. Just ran 'u' and amtm updated with no issues. :)

Update:

Running RT-AX88U with 384.16 Alpha 1. Just ran 'u' and amtm updated with no issues. :)
Confirm that it works. Thanks for experimenting and the excitement that I missed while I was asleep :)

More updates:

And a few more success stories. :)

All running RMerlin v384.15_0, and upgrading from amtm v3.13 FW to v3.14 FW.

RT-AC66U_B1 no issues.
RT-AC68U no issues.
RT-AC86U no issues.
RT-AC3100 no issues.

In China, many plugins cannot be downloaded and installed normally. Are you considering solving this problem? Thank you。

In China, many plugins cannot be downloaded and installed normally. Are you considering solving this problem? Thank you。
amtm and my own scripts it supports like the format disk, disk check and reboot scheduler along with Diversion are hosted on my own server diversion.ch here in Switzerland. Third party scripts supported by amtm are hosted on GitHub or entware.net.

I cannot solve your countries restrictive policies but other coders have solutions for it. They have to be applied separately to make it work. These solutions will not make it into my scripts for obvious reasons.

I have run "r" and "uu" more times than I can shake a stick at ... rebooted tried again ... all attempts seemingly ending successfully until I run "u" to check for updates - then get this ...
amtm-errors.JPG

Of course the "r" option removed dc and fd scripts - and after reinstall of dc the fd option does not stick in the amtm menu but can only be seen under option "i" .

I can access Github and diversion.ch without problems - so does not seem to be a DNS issue.

Any ideas ?

I have run "r" and "uu" more times than I can shake a stick at ... rebooted tried again ... all attempts seemingly ending successfully until I run "u" to check for updates - then get this ...
View attachment 21584

Of course the "r" option removed dc and fd scripts - and after reinstall of dc the fd option does not stick in the amtm menu but can only be seen under option "i" .

I can access Github and diversion.ch without problems - so does not seem to be a DNS issue.

Any ideas ?

OK - so here's the thing ... put a stop to unbound [option "x"] and "presto" - amtm updates ran flawlessly and quicker than ever ???
So @thelonelycoder - nothing for you to look at in your awesome script :D.

OK - so here's the thing ... put a stop to unbound [option "x"] and "presto" - amtm updates ran flawlessly and quicker than ever ???
So @thelonelycoder - nothing for you to look at in your awesome script :D.

Github Regional Mirrors o_O ...

So ... before you nuke reset your router to cure a perceived problem with it [like I did] ... if having amtm "u" or "uu" problems ... do test for connectivity issues by addressing your browser to https://raw.githubusercontent.com [better still run dig raw.githubusercontent.com]. I mention this because a google search turned up a number of hits for "github regional mirror problems" - so it happens occasionally :oops:.

Turns out that was my problem in the above three posts - sorted rapidly by Github after I notified them ... +1 for their service.

I think there might be an issue with amtm's swap file management.

My existing swap file is 512kb. In updating skynet it warned me to increase it to 1gb minimum. So I went to amtm sw command, which offered me only the choice of deleting it. I took that choice, I had a brief flash of a message, then it reported the swap file was deleted, and then "Added missing swap file entry to /jffs/scripts/post-mount", then back to the menu, which still shows the swap file.

Then, I deleted the swap file entry from post-mount by hand, rebooted. I could not delete the swap file, which apparently was in use. But amtm could then delete the swap file correctly, and I could go recreate it in a larger size.

Last edited:

My existing swap file is 512kb. In updating skynet it warned me to increase it to 1gb minimum. So I went to amtm sw command, which offered me only the choice of deleting it. I took that choice, I had a brief flash of a message, then it reported the swap file was deleted, and then "Added missing swap file entry to /jffs/scripts/post-mount", then back to the menu, which still shows the swap file.

Then, I deleted the swap file entry from post-mount by hand, rebooted. I could not delete the swap file, which apparently was in use. But amtm could then delete the swap file correctly, and I could go recreate it in a larger size.
The swap file was in use and could not be deleted, that was the brief flash notice. Nothing I can do about, I already built into amtm what I can do to free the memory so swap is not in use.

@Adamm and I are discussing future swap file management strategies. Until we have come to an agreement I am not going to change the swap file code any more than I already did in amtm.

The swap file was in use and could not be deleted, that was the brief flash notice. Nothing I can do about, I already built into amtm what I can do to free the memory so swap is not in use.
Something to try as a temporary work-around to increase swap file size (which worked for me):
  1. Temporarily disable Skynet and Diversion.
  2. Delete swap file via amtm.
  3. Create new 1 GB swap file via amtm.
  4. Restart Skynet and Diversion.

Last edited:

A number of us had this issue. I was searching for the easy steps to resolve I saw posted, no luck. Then I came back and @visortgw (who solved it before), just posted here.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/amtm-the-asuswrt-merlin-terminal-menu.42415/page-93#post-555976

Yesterday, I checked this problem:
work-around to increase swap file size
Code:
/usr/sbin/curl -fsNL --retry 2 --connect-timeout 3 -m 8 https://fwupdate.asuswrt-merlin.net/amtm_fw/amtm

! using fallback server diversion.ch
For me, it is not the swap, but the process involving Skynet. I just uninstalled skynet. I redid the amtm update. I installed Skynet again.
Now I check this process:
Code:
curl -fsL --retry 3 --connect-timeout 3 https://ipinfo.io/AS33438
But amtm is working well.

amtm 3.1.5 is now available

What's new
- Entware update check: Added update error message.
- Verbose messages when script update(s) fail, reports failed server.

Use u to update

Edit: Screenshot when updates completely fail.
This would take some time as each script check will have to timeout first.

5rjJYsi.png

Last edited:
The amtm 3.1.5 FW done. Updates are checked faster too. :)

Thank you again @thelonelycoder.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!