What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I was bored for a minute. Colors are limited in amtm and I am reluctant to add more.
This only works for j* scripts, Skynet and scribe, but not Diversion.
I'm not sure I actually release that as the version check as is works with every kind of version number: 1.0.0 vs 1.0.0_beta or 1.0.0_beta vs 1.0.1 works with the existing check but not with the I used in this example:

f3OUTCe.png
Okay, if I read that right (I know it's late there), then implementing that breaks other things that are quite obviously more important to a much wider audience. So I'd say while I do quite like how you've implemented it, not breaking things for the wider audience is far more important than this little thing that would help me and maybe 3 other people tops.

How about when opening Diversion/Skynet/etc from amtm, it would start/resume a tmux or screen session?

How about when opening Diversion/Skynet/etc from amtm, it would start/resume a tmux or screen session?
Unless I got it wrong but that command is what YOU should run in the terminal, you would start your desired number of sessions for the scripts.

My tmux is set up so it comes up in the last configuration when I log in. Setting up tmux is something that should happen before you launch amtm.

(moving to the appropriate thread ...)
@thelonelycoder Any chance you can release a version of amtm which auto updates? I understand this should be disabled by default as any code pushes done automatically can be malicious, but for me, I would never know the difference so I just update every time i see a new post.
That's really not practical. Updating the scripts is rarely as simple as just downloading the latest version of the script. Since I wrote scribe, I know scribe has a pretty detailed update process, and by watching their output, I'm pretty sure other scripts do as well. So it can't be coded into amtm. Additionally, not every script accepts a command to update (scribe happens to, because it was originally written as a command-line tool), so scripts that didn't already support this would need to add it on.

And, inevitably, something would break, and AFAIK, none of us retain the ability to regress scripts to the previous version. The unintended consequences are too great. As a script writer, I would be very much against this idea.

(moving to the appropriate thread ...)

That's really not practical. Updating the scripts is rarely as simple as just downloading the latest version of the script. Since I wrote scribe, I know scribe has a pretty detailed update process, and by watching their output, I'm pretty sure other scripts do as well. So it can't be coded into amtm. Additionally, not every script accepts a command to update (scribe happens to, because it was originally written as a command-line tool), so scripts that didn't already support this would need to add it on.

And, inevitably, something would break, and AFAIK, none of us retain the ability to regress scripts to the previous version. The unintended consequences are too great. As a script writer, I would be very much against this idea.
Anyone who is so inclined is welcome to browse our repositories and replace file contents with a previous commit!

I have no intention of allowing automatic script version rollback - odds are I'll patch any problems that escape testing fairly quickly anyway :)

amtm 2.6 is now available

What's new in amtm 2.6
- Removed obsolete code
- Rearranged code for my own benefit
- Adding a commented 'do-not-check-swap' (without the quotes) anywhere to /jffs/scripts/post-mount will read indented swap code and not correct paths (Diversion 4.1.3 and amtm 2.6 and later)
- Added feature requested by third party developer for visual differentiation of > or < version number display in u
- Added option in ps to run pixelserv-tls helper script to use its CA to issue a certificate for the routers WebUI
- Diversion update notification (DivUn, in c) will now also report updates for third party scripts (Diversion 4.1.3 and later)

How to update amtm
Use u to update to this latest version.

XjTVUD5.png

Last edited:
i Diversion 4.1.3 is now available!
Released on: July 132019

What's new in Diversion 4.1.3
See https://diversion.ch for change log

Do you want to update now? [1=Yes e=Exit] 1

i Getting latest diversion file
✔ diversion integrated

! Diversion update detected

i Running function auto-update now
i Getting latest installer file
✔ install.div integrated

Diversion changes during this update requires this
router to reboot after the update is completed.

This is necessary for Diversion to work properly.

! Press [Enter] to acknowledge

hi, if possible to add some script which do 1:1 NAT
For a script to be included it must meet these conditions:
- Be popular and therefore used by a reasonable number of users
- Must have a UI in the form of the other scripts already included and have a logical menu structure. For example: e exits the function / script.
- Must not break existing workflow in amtm when exiting

Some scripts I code and include myself because I see them as system tools like formatting a disk, the disk check, creating a swap file or the reboot scheduler. Others I am glad someone else did the hard coding work and I can simply add the logic for it.

Since your linked thread does not meet any of that I'll have to pass (for now).

Hi,
I recently bought a 2TB seagate drive. Connteced to my Asus AC86u with Merlin firmware 384.12. Installed amtm 2.6 and i am getting error to format the disk saying greater than 2TB. Attached are the screenshots. Could somebody help?

screen1.JPG

screen2.JPG

Hi,
I recently bought a 2TB seagate drive. Connteced to my Asus AC86u with Merlin firmware 384.12. Installed amtm 2.6 and i am getting error to format the disk saying greater than 2TB. Attached are the screenshots. Could somebody help?
In your screenshot I see the links I added in the hope that they might be helpful. They are if you take the time to visit and read the contents of these pages.

Hung by his own petard.

In your screenshot I see the links I added in the hope that they might be helpful. They are if you take the time to visit and read the contents of these pages.
.. hi.. thank you.. By following the instructions.. i was able to format it and install entware. attached screenshots.

Attachments

• pic3.JPG
    pic3.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 484
  • pic4.JPG
    pic4.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 468
amtm 2.7 is now available

What's new in amtm 2.7
- Changed rs Reboot scheduler display, shorter week day names in UI when multiple days are selected
- Added option to change rs Reboot scheduler settings
- Added support for x3mRouting - Selective Routing by Xentrk. See https://www.snbforums.com/threads/x3mrouting-selective-routing-for-asuswrt-merlin-firmware.57793/
- Removes empty related /jffs/scripts files when uninstalling amtm, same as Diversion already does
- Added link to wiki page in fd Format disk function error message when device is over 2TB

Note: Starting with this version, amtm is now hosted on the Diversion server. The transition is seamless, no action is required by users.
I have my reasons to move amtm away from GitHub and will not discuss this personal decision.
If you like, search the web to read about the owner and geographical restrictions imposed on it.
The Diversion website is and has always been hosted in Switzerland, by a Swiss Webhoster.
The new install command is posted on the amtm page: https://diversion.ch/amtm.html

How to update amtm
Use u to update to this latest version.

nIRYEUC.png

o_O you're not using GitHub anymore? Well then, that's it.:D

amtm 2.7 is now available
If you like, search the web to read about the owner and geographical restrictions imposed on it.
nIRYEUC.png
Interesting. I guess I've been out of the loop on this one. So many people and companies use GitHub...but with the owner being Microsoft, gotit. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!