What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Should amtm be removing the /opt -> /tmp/opt link (entware_setup.mod line 114/130)? It doesn't seem like it's recreated anywhere.

Update to these posts from yesterday.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/amtm-the-asuswrt-merlin-terminal-menu.42415/page-85#post-549834

This is how the issue seems to have been resolved. :)

Early this morning the same thing was happening. Random errors not only in amtm when running 'u' or 'uu', but just generally using the network.

Convinced the customer to take down the entire network. The cable modem, the router, switches, NAS, printers, and all client devices.

All power, Ethernet and USB cables were removed from all devices. With the entire system powered down for 10 minutes (minimum).
  • Plugged in the cable modem and waited 5 minutes.
  • Plugged in the Ethernet cable between modem and router and turned on the router and waited 5 minutes.
  • Plugged in the Ethernet cable between the router and the switches and also all the Ethernet cables between the switches and the wired client devices and turned them all on.
  • In less than half an hour, the network was up again and functioning normally.
I spent about an hour yesterday with no progress, doing a few of the above in isolated tests. I had asked the customer to do this completely, but they didn't think it was necessary ('made no sense'). Now, they know better. :)

Again, my apologies to @thelonelycoder for any misunderstanding about 'updates'. I was just trying to make this customer happy and their network stable. :)

Whatch your temperature on the router btw, added cpu work made my temperature rise almost to 90 degrees Celsius, so I turned the fan back on and I’m down to 58 degrees Celsius View attachment 21335
Have you heard about " Ctrl + PrtScn " and put into paint and crop picture and posting?

This problem returns after a reboot. Is there a permanent solution?

Check if you have any amtm related line in /jffs/configs/profile.add

Delete that line and run "unalias amtm" again. Restart the SSH session and hopefully this should solve the issue permanently.

Just posting a HUGE thank you to @thelonelycoder and @RMerlin - I upgraded to the latest firmware, and decided to be brave and dig into amtm. First attempt to install diversion, amtm told me I needed a USB drive, so I dug through the Cable Bag of Shame(tm), plugged it in, formatted it using amtm, went through the install (typing "1" and thinking "YES YES DO IT NOW") and IT. JUST. FREAKIN. WORKED. I can't say thank you enough - this is next-level geekery and I am loving it. Really appreciate all the hard work that has gone into making this great.

Just posting a HUGE thank you to @thelonelycoder and @RMerlin - I upgraded to the latest firmware, and decided to be brave and dig into amtm. First attempt to install diversion, amtm told me I needed a USB drive, so I dug through the Cable Bag of Shame(tm), plugged it in, formatted it using amtm, went through the install (typing "1" and thinking "YES YES DO IT NOW") and IT. JUST. FREAKIN. WORKED. I can't say thank you enough - this is next-level geekery and I am loving it. Really appreciate all the hard work that has gone into making this great.
My smile is as beaming as yours in your profile. Thanks.

Welcome to the club! I was leery at first also but now I wish I would have taken the leap earlier. Next up on your to do list is to think about setting up a vpn server on your router so you can take Diversion with you when you are out and about. After I leave the house a couple of clicks and my phone is vpn'd to my router and ads are gone. Also great to use security wise when you are on public wifi.

amtm 3.1.3 is now available

What's new
- Adds support for nsrum - NVRAM Save/Restore Utility to amtm.
- Added developer amtm URL variable to amtm FW, same as in standard amtm.

With the NVRAM Save/Restore Utility, a long awaited missing feature finally makes it into amtm.
I am very pleased to add this third script by @Xentrk to amtm.

How to update amtm
Use u to update to this latest version.

Last edited:
Minor update for amtm

- removes Entware requirement check before installing nsrum - NVRAM Save/Restore Utility

Use u to update

Great news! But now in AMTM -> 8 - nsrum - all I see is the install menu. You still have to actually run the backup/restore scripts manually via CLI?

Yes, through the CLI

FAQ
Q1: Is the NVRAM Save/Restore Utility included in amtm?
A1: Yes.

Q2: Is there a menu to run the NVRAM Save/Restore Utility scripts?
A2: No. The scripts were designed to be run from the command line.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/release-nvram-save-restore-utility.61722/

Ok thanks I guess I'm just confused. Everything in AMTM is designed to be run through the command line. I thought the purpose of AMTM was to present a sort of "UI" (menus) to users to execute those scripts. ALA Diversion, Skynet, et al.

Still - easier to update this way I guess :)

I understand. That’s a perfectly rational thought. I must admit I went through something similar.

I understand that and I've used the utility before. I was just asking about the actual functionality within AMTM, which seems to just facilitate the installation of the scripts (which wasn't that hard to begin with if you're going to use them) :)
Some limitations apply for that very useful tool.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!