What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Now I have formatted the USB thumb drive 3 times in AMTM, and it still thinks that Skynet, Scribe, uiScribe are installed! How can that be?!?
Happend on a usb drive i had..think it broke and the usb drive can only be read from, not written to.
A sort of protection mode on the usb drive

Now I have formatted the USB thumb drive 3 times in AMTM, and it still thinks that Skynet, Scribe, uiScribe are installed! How can that be?!?
What's on you JFFS partition?

What's on you JFFS partition?
A whole lot of stuff causing these ongoing issues, finally had my second coffee, the mind mud is clearing, :)
I'll clean that up now.

I would 'Format JFFS partition on next boot'. ;)

Ahead of you guys. :)

Except one thing. My SFTP client will not connect. Usually it prompts me for a new certificate, but not this time. I don't know how to remove that from the router and set a new one. I did all this stuff almost two years ago, and have aged 10 years in that time. :D

Ahead of you guys. :)

Except one thing. My SFTP client will not connect. Usually it prompts me for a new certificate, but not this time. I don't know how to remove that from the router and set a new one. I did all this stuff almost two years ago, and have aged 10 years in that time. :D

Is it worth reinstalling the SFTP server in case that also got messed up?

opkg update

opkg install openssh-sftp-server

With due acknowledgment to Colin

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/s...uter-with-scp-file-browser.57197/#post-499248

Which prompts me to ask: is the opkg update necessary?

Thanks that was it. I formatted the drive so Entware needed a complete reinstall. After I I slowed down with most of the router usable again, I went through my notes of all the scripts and found I needed that server, duh.

Now just some fine tuning with the lists I saved from Diversion and Skynet, and Scribe.

Can I successfully download and install the plug-in in amtm in China? Will the Great Wall firewall block it?

Last edited:
Can I successfully download and install the plug-in in amtm in China? Will the Great Wall firewall block it?
AFAIK github is accessible still but you may want to make sure your DNS is not poisoned...just double check...don't ask why i know all this, lol

/mnt/Entware | Size 22.1M | Used 13.4M (64%)
Anyone knows howthis could appear since the usb is 4GB and only diversion is installed!

amtm is broken BIG time. Try this
1. 384.15 fresh install -> factory reset -> amtm is not working and hangs
2. Install 384.12 -> factory reset -> download amtm -> execute - ERROR.

No idea is anyone has pick on this but amtm 3.1.3 is NOT backwards compatible with lower firmware if you do fresh install.

amtm is broken BIG time. Try this
1. 384.15 fresh install -> factory reset -> amtm is not working and hangs
2. Install 384.12 -> factory reset -> download amtm -> execute - ERROR.

No idea is anyone has pick on this but amtm 3.1.3 is NOT backwards compatible with lower firmware if you do fresh install.
amtm 3.1.x was developed on routers running Asuswrt-Merlin 384.13 and 384.14. That includes the amtm firmware version.
I have routers with much older firmware than 384.13 just to test backwards compatibility.

amtm needs a working internet connection when it runs certain operations like installing, initializing (firmware version only) and installing modules.
Specifically, the standard amtm requires successful resolving of diversion.ch. The firmware amtm additionally requires fwupdate.asuswrt-merlin.net successfully resolved.

/mnt/Entware | Size 22.1M | Used 13.4M (64%)
Anyone knows howthis could appear since the usb is 4GB and only diversion is installed!
Diversion looks at the partition that Entware is installed, not the complete device. The Entware partition is shown in ep.

amtm 3.1.x was developed on routers running Asuswrt-Merlin 384.13 and 384.14. That includes the amtm firmware version.
I have routers with much older firmware than 384.13 just to test backwards compatibility.

amtm needs a working internet connection when it runs certain operations like installing, initializing (firmware version only) and installing modules.
Specifically, the standard amtm requires successful resolving of diversion.ch. The firmware amtm additionally requires fwupdate.asuswrt-merlin.net successfully resolved.

yes. It looks like it. I discovered by the hard way.

Hi,

Not been on forums for a little while, i updated my rt-ac86u to 384.15, logged into router via ssh as normal, when i type amtm i get the following: -sh: /jffs/scripts/amtm: not found

I saw in 384.15 changelog it's built in now, anyway to solve this? seems like it not pointing to rite location anymore i think.

Hi,

Not been on forums for a little while, i updated my rt-ac86u to 384.15, logged into router via ssh as normal, when i type amtm i get the following: -sh: /jffs/scripts/amtm: not found

I saw in 384.15 changelog it's built in now, anyway to solve this? seems like it not pointing to rite location anymore i think.

Having the same issue... If I type the command "unalias amtm" first then "amtm" command will work. Not sure if there's a permanent fix however?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!