What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi,
I have successfully updated to 3.1.6FW. When I do the usual update check "u", I see something like the following screenshot each time. Other times I get "update err" for Skynet and uiDivStats. From the GUI add-on tabs, everything appeared to be OK.

View attachment 22456
Your internet connection or resolver is playing up. Check that.

Your internet connection or resolver is playing up. Check that.
thelonelycoder,

Thank you, Thank you.

After reading your post, I tried resolving the following using the GUI Network Tools - NsLookup
  • raw.githubusercontent.com
  • fwupdate.asuswrt-merlin.net
It took about 15 seconds to resolve ... looks like my ISP's DNS Server is very slow in resolving these domains. So, I forced it to use Cloudflare 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 as my DNS Server on the WAN page. Looks like problem resolved :). Thank you!

Been running amtm 3.1.5 and tried to update over SSH to 3.1.6 (86U running 384.15). Says device is full and backs out with 3.1.5 remaining. Reading through other threads I tried to clear my traffic data but said unable to do so because device is full. Scripts I'm running are Diversion, connmon, and uiDivStats.

I'm new to running scripts but up to today, all has been working great with the above scripts running.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this? Thanks

Been running amtm 3.1.5 and tried to update over SSH to 3.1.6 (86U running 384.15). Says device is full and backs out with 3.1.5 remaining. Reading through other threads I tried to clear my traffic data but said unable to do so because device is full. Scripts I'm running are Diversion, connmon, and uiDivStats.

I'm new to running scripts but up to today, all has been working great with the above scripts running.

Yes, I had a similar situation yesterday. Didn't really know where to post and then saw yours!

My router (RT-AC86U) crashed and on restarting I was getting lots of messages in the logs along the lines of "unable to do Garbage collection" which implied my /jffs was full. I was unable to delete anything on /jffs, even an "rm" from command line, as I got message back that there was no free space, so couldn't even delete.

Had to do a fairly messy restore of a previous config and JFFS backup to get going again, so couldn't spend lot of time collecting logs or doing much diagnosis as to what might have run amok! :)

I'm now back to only running Diversion/SkyNet/FreshJR_QoS/nsrum/scMerlin/uiDivStats for now, which was my "standard" load for a long time, to see how that behaves. A "df" command now says /jffs is 40% full, but it's early days since the rebuild ...

I had been experimenting with also running the full gamut of scripts - Unbound/Connmon/Scribe/uiScribe/spdMerlin for about 3-4 weeks, with spdMerlin the most recent addition about 2 weeks ago, so my suspicion points in that direction without any real evidence.

Anyone else having issues with /jffs partition filling up, and what might be causing it?
I thought all the logs and big stuff from the AMTM scripts would have been going to my USB drive, is this not the case? I know I had eelcted to have my Traffic stats going to a folder there for example ...

Last edited:
I've been running Diversion, connmon, uniDivStats for about a month. I've updated scripts prior to this device full error with no issues.

TrafficAnalyzer.db is what is using all the memory on my router.

Last edited:
I've been running Diversion, connmon, uniDivStats for about a month. I've updated scripts prior to this device full error with no issues.

TrafficAnalyzer.db is what is using all the memory on my router.

Yep, I've now done a bit more analysis on my setup and I concur - TrafficAnalyser.db was most likely the culprit in my case as well.

I think I'd turned it on about 2 weeks ago, and directed it's output to "Custom" location, in this case the "traffic" folder on my external USB drive (SSD in a USB 3.0 case)
I was assuming (obviously wrongly) that the entire database(s) and any large files would get redirected to that location.
But they seemingly don't. Regardless of that setting TrafficAnalyzer.db ends up in /jffs/.sys/TrafficAnalyzer/ and gets bigger and bigger, as you say!
What I end up with in my "traffic" folder on my external drive is a file called "tomato_rstats_b06ebf65f030.gz"

Don't know if has always been that way, or specific to 384.16_0, as have never had occasion to use Traffic Analyzer and/or Stats before ... probably that’s always been the way it works?

Anyway, I now realise it's nothing to do with any of the AMTM scripts, I leapt to a hasty conclusion based on poor deduction :oops:

Don't know if there is a way to redirect TrafficAnalyzer.db to the external USB drive, certainly doesn't seem to be from the GUI?
Maybe their is some clever workaround? I've got plenty of space on my external drive ...

Meanwhile I guess I’ll be leaving Traffic Analyzer Stats turned off ...

Last edited:
"Don't know if has always been that way, or specific to 384.16_0, as have never had"

I was running 384.15 when this occurred. I since have updated to 384.16.

Can I clear just this db file?

Not sure why this has just started to be an issue; just a coincidence that I am running scripts and the small additional memory used has caused the device full issue or maybe has always been an issue but never noticed it??

Two days ago, I upgraded to 16_0 from 14_2. I do not recall a Traffic Analyzer problem with 14, and certainly not a db file that large. Although the traffic stats are kindof nice to see, it is not critical for me. So I also disabled it using the slider on the Statistic tab if that's in fact what it does, and went into the /jffs/.sys sub-dir and deleted the TrafficAnalyzer.db file using WinSCP. I'm now waiting to see what happens, whether that file reappears or ??. So far, 16 seems to be behaving. I plan to leave it disabled until the location problem gets fixed.

I'm also monitoring whether 16 has any other hiccups. I had one case yesterday where I could not access the internet from my PC after having been on all day. I ended up power-cycling the router and restarting Win10. That fixed it, but I have no idea if it was a problem with 16 as others have reported, or if it was something with my installation. Regardless, it could have been because the JFFS got filled up causing problems, so maybe disabling and deleting like I did will prevent that situation from reoccurring.

Can I clear just this db file?

I turned off Stats and deleted the file ... rebooted, seemingly OK.
Won’t be turning it back on for now ... :eek:

As we have pretty much agreed this is NOT an AMTM issue, we should take these discussions to a new Thread ...

I turned off Stats and deleted the file ... rebooted, seemingly OK.
Won’t be turning it back on for now ... :eek:

As we have pretty much agreed this is NOT an AMTM issue, we should take these discussions to a new Thread ...

I would agree that it doesn't seem to be an AMTM issue but was found when trying to update AMTM. Perhaps the device full has always been there but never seen.

I'm for opening a new thread and will do so. I would appreciate if you respond on that thread on what command was used to erase the db file.

I'm for opening a new thread and will do so. I would appreciate if you respond on that thread on what command was used to erase the db file.

Maybe post a Link to your new thread here so we don’t miss it in the maze!

For deleting the db file I think I just rm’ed it at the command line, or maybe via SecureFX (my macOS SCP GUI application), can’t remember ...

Am I the only one?
c8da19255fa8f01cdd11a0e7709739f4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!