What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

amtm 3.1.8 is now available

What's new

- NEW: Adds support for FlexQoS by @dave14305 - Flexible QoS Enhancement Script for Adaptive QoS on ASUSWRT-Merlin.
- NEW: Check for Asuswrt-Merlin firmware stable release update in u for supported routers, see screenshot. This check is volatile and will not retain the result, as opposed to third party script checks.
- NEW: The firmware amtm shows the revision number of the built in amtm file in a. For Asuswrt-Merlin 384.19 release this will be revision 5.
- CHANGED: FreshJR QOS is now deprecated in amtm and the menu entry has been renamed from 3 to 3d.
- CHANGED: Timeouts for module downloads (curl) have been increased. For the firmware amtm this comes into effect only after the initial amtm setup until Asuswrt-Merlin 384.19 has been released.

Note that Diversion 4.2 pictured in the screenshot is not yet available.

Use u to update to this latest version.

Screenshot with u update check, Asuswrt-Merlin firmware is up to date, no new stable version available.

my2pckno67j.png

As slick and stable as ever - great to see the inclusion of FlexQos and the firmware version prompt.
MANY thanks {ThumbsUp}

As slick and stable as ever - great to see the inclusion of FlexQos and the firmware version prompt.
MANY thanks {ThumbsUp}
What's also included but not mentioned is code for the new, yet unreleased Diversion WebUI.

getting notice of some entware updates. looks like a safe update, no?
ep.jpg

Hi, I was poking around the code for this feature trying to decide if I can use it and I'm wondering where the <% get_custom_settings(); %> resides in the code base, not to use it in my own code, but where it's defined and reads the /jffs/addons/custom_settings.txt file. There are no hits for this on GitHub when I search for it. I see this same style of templating/asp through out the AsusWrt code but I can't find where this is tokenized and injected and it's driving me crazy. I thought maybe it was in the binary blobs but now I see Merlin uses it too. Someone please restore my sanity!

Hi, I was poking around the code for this feature trying to decide if I can use it and I'm wondering where the <% get_custom_settings(); %> resides in the code base, not to use it in my own code, but where it's defined and reads the /jffs/addons/custom_settings.txt file. There are no hits for this on GitHub when I search for it. I see this same style of templating/asp through out the AsusWrt code but I can't find where this is tokenized and injected and it's driving me crazy. I thought maybe it was in the binary blobs but now I see Merlin uses it too. Someone please restore my sanity!
I don’t know what the context of your question is or how it relates to amtm, but the code is here:

My AMTM version is 3.1.0.FW. "u" does not update the amtm version. I have no "uu" option but have tried entering that command anyhow nothing happens. What do I have to do to update to the latest version of AMTM?

RT-AC86U running Merlin 384.19 beta2

My AMTM version is 3.1.0.FW. "u" does not update the amtm version. I have no "uu" option but have tried entering that command anyhow nothing happens. What do I have to do to update to the latest version of AMTM?

RT-AC86U running Merlin 384.19 beta2
Looks like you have some old version residing on your USB drive. Try to uninstall that version.

You can also try to install amtm manually over the existing installation:
Code:
curl -Os https://diversion.ch/amtm/amtm && sh amtm

Last edited:
I reformatted my jump Drive to ext4 to ensure everything was wiped out. amtm came up as 3.1.0FW. When I enter the amtm install command as suggested by Mutlzi, 3.1.0FW comes up.

I also reformatted JFFS, still get 3.1.0FW, when entering amtm install command.

I'd really like to get to 3.1.8 of amtm but cannot figure out how to.

I performed a factory reset, which I had not done in a while, all is well 3.1.8FW came up.

Just upgraded to 384.19 and was checking amtm for updates and got this error about "No such file or directory" with regards to an md5sum check for flexqos.sh, despite not having it installed.

Since FreshJR_QoS is now deprecated in amtm, I have installed FlexQoS to replace it and so there is no more error for me. But I thought you'd want to be aware of this.

amtm-freshjr_qos.png

Just upgraded to 384.19 and was checking amtm for updates and got this error about "No such file or directory" with regards to an md5sum check for flexqos.sh, despite not having it installed.

Since FreshJR_QoS is now deprecated in amtm, I have installed FlexQoS to replace it and so there is no more error for me. But I thought you'd want to be aware of this.

View attachment 25445
Thanks for reporting, I'll look into it.

First, amtm is great; thank you so much for your effort. I'm on 384.19, and when trying to do an update check on apps, amtm gets stuck a entware - just freezes. I believe I've read where the entware repositiory is a bit spotty in terms of uptime, so maybe you could add a timeout? Also, I'd like to vote for the addition of vpnmgr. Thanks again.

Is there a recommended method to move amtm and any installed scripts/ entware to different router? I currently have a rt-ac68u and will be getting a rt-ac86u - thanks

Is there a recommended method to move amtm and any installed scripts/ entware to different router? I currently have a rt-ac68u and will be getting a rt-ac86u - thanks

No, start from scratch to be problem free.

Just to confirm that 384.19 resolves the amtm will not start problem for me. I assume it's the timeout changes. Thank you.

Everything is sooo slooow in Script Land tonight. What's up?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!