What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Where can I find it and could you be a little more descriptive about the use of this $1 value please? Can you give me a sample command in regards to this please? Thanks bud!
Actually, as I think about it, stopping stubby in services-stop probably makes sense. Shutting down the swapfile, though, makes more sense in unmount.
Here's my unmount script....should give you the idea.....
Code:
#!/bin/sh

if [ $1 == "/tmp/mnt/extsys" ] && [ -f "/tmp/mnt/extsys/.swap" ]; then
        # turn off swapfile
        swapoff /mnt/extsys/.swap
fi

exit 0

Actually, as I think about it, stopping stubby in services-stop probably makes sense. Shutting down the swapfile, though, makes more sense in unmount.
Here's my unmount script....should give you the idea.....
Code:
#!/bin/sh

if [ $1 == "/tmp/mnt/extsys" ] && [ -f "/tmp/mnt/extsys/.swap" ]; then
        # turn off swapfile
        swapoff /mnt/extsys/.swap
fi

exit 0
Thanks for the code but I'm not getting what I have to do with it. I tried replacing a few values with what I thought would work and I illegal operand error I think. Help! Sorry @john9527 I'm useless today.:oops::confused:o_O

Thanks for the code but I'm not getting what I have to do with it. I tried replacing a few values with what I thought would work and I illegal operand error I think. Help! Sorry @john9527 I'm useless today.:oops::confused:o_O
This shouldn't require any modification providing your swapfile is "myswap.swp", just copy to /jffs/scripts/unmount and make sure it's executable:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

SWP="$(find $1/myswap.swp 2> /dev/null)"
if [ "$SWP" ]; then
        swapoff $1/myswap.swp # cleanly close swap
fi
make it executable with:
Code:
# chmod 700 unmount

This shouldn't require any modification providing your swapfile is "myswap.swp", just copy to /jffs/scripts/unmount and make sure it's executable:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

SWP="$(find $1/myswap.swp 2> /dev/null)"
if [ "$SWP" ]; then
        swapoff $1/myswap.swp # cleanly close swap
fi
make it executable with:
Code:
# chmod 700 unmount
This is awesome!! Like you said it works as is. Thanks @cmkelley nice job!!:D:D:D

I have installed both Diversion and Skynet and love both of them. Can I just install AMTM on top or do I have to uninstall them and reinstall thru AMTM. I am a newbie at scripts .

I have installed both Diversion and Skynet and love both of them. Can I just install AMTM on top or do I have to uninstall them and reinstall thru AMTM. I am a newbie at scripts .
It will detect the existing installed items if they are installed correctly.

Just wondering whether it would be possible to have a disable/enable script in AMTM for Skynet and Diversion. It's something I do occassionally from within each program if I need to see a site or IP address that maybe on their the blacklist. Yes I know I could subsequently whitelist them but I think for the majority of times I do this it's not worth my effort for often multiple whitelist addtions for what is in fact a quick look.

I had both Skynet and Diversion installed and just installed AMTM without any issues. Its working perfectly ok.

@thelonelycoder and @Xentrk, with the recent code consolidation and the addition of HND ASUS routers to the Stubby-Installer-Asuswrt-Merlin are we at the point where the stubby installer might have earned some consideration for inclusion in AMTM?

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/stubby-installer-asuswrt-merlin.49469/page-27#post-458369
I think we are close. I would like to see if we can get a few people to test the updates over the next several days first to validate there are no issues. Then, @thelonelycoder can include it in AMTM.

I think we are close. I would like to see if we can get a few people to test the updates over the next several days first to validate there are no issues. Then, @thelonelycoder can include it in AMTM.
@Xentrk I sent you a pm.

amtm 1.6 is now available

What's new in amtm v1.6
- Added amtm ASCII Logo
- Improved POSIX compliance (@Adamm, @thelonelycoder)
- General code improvements (@Adamm, @thelonelycoder)
- Auto-truncates Disk check logfile if larger than 1MB (applies only for new installs)
- NEW: Format disk. Formats any ext*, fat, ntfs USB storage disk to ext* filesystem (@Zonkd, , @ColinTaylor, @thelonelycoder)

How to update to amtm v1.6
Use u to update to this latest version.

1.6_beta testers use the following command to update the beta version to amtm v1.6:
Code:
curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/decoderman/amtm/master/amtm -o "/jffs/scripts/amtm" && chmod 755 /jffs/scripts/amtm && sh /jffs/scripts/amtm
The beta files on the diversion.ch website have been deleted.

6PgdNoD.png

Last edited:
amtm 1.6 is now available

What's new in amtm v1.6
- Added amtm ASCII Logo
- Improved POSIX compliance (@Adamm, @thelonelycoder)
- General code improvements (@Adamm, @thelonelycoder)
- Auto-truncates Disk check logfile if larger than 1MB (applies only for new installs)
- NEW: Format disk. Formats any ext*, fat, ntfs USB storage disk to ext* filesystem (@Zonkd, , @ColinTaylor, @thelonelycoder)

How to update to amtm v1.6
Use u to update to this latest version.

1.6_beta testers use the following command to update the beta version to amtm v1.6:
Code:
curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/decoderman/amtm/master/amtm -o "/jffs/scripts/amtm" && chmod 755 /jffs/scripts/amtm && sh /jffs/scripts/amtm
The beta files on the diversion.ch website have been deleted.
The only thing missing now is the Stubby Installer. Hope it makes the grade soon!;):) Nice work @thelonelycoder !

The only thing missing now is the Stubby Installer. Hope it makes the grade soon!;):) Nice work @thelonelycoder !
The last feature to add to Stubby installer is a check to see if the dnscrypt-proxy package from entware is installed as it would be incompatible with Stubby. Once done, the installer can be added to AMTM. Should be soon.

The last feature to add to Stubby installer is a check to see if the dnscrypt-proxy package from entware is installed as it would be incompatible with Stubby. Once done, the installer can be added to AMTM. Should be soon.

Thank you @Xentrk!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great work with the format option. An option to tar/restore the usb drive with permissions in tact would be awesome for simple backups and as a compliment to the format option. Adding a diversion backup to that as well would be cool. Then one could easily switch out and use a new usb drive at the snap of a finger or deploy a setup across multiple systems. As well as a factory default.

1 option: backup from one usb drive, to another usb drive
2. backup and manually copy the tar onto a pc, restore to the usb root dir & poof

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!