What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

My luck....file not found. I'm going to refresh amtm and setup another format, I'll get back to you with how it goes.:)
The format disk log file is saved to /jffs/amtm-format-disk.log

I remember the terminal output and it did say that it had changed the name to EXT2 however it actually didn't. The log of the format was wiped when I formatted /jffs an hour ago.

I would imagine that when using a Samba share you will have movies, music, what not on that device to share with other devices.
You don't want them corrupted or affected when the Entware device goes bad.
Ahhhh. I don't use my router as a fileserver, I have a separate NAS for that. For my use case, I'm the only one accessing the attached storage on the router, so separating into two partitions (or two devices) gains me nothing.

Last edited:
Ahhhh. I don't use my router as a fileserver, I have a separate NAS for that. For my use case, I'm the only one accessing the attached storage on the router, so separating into two partitions (or two devices) gains me nothing.
I too have better suited devices for Plex, Music library for my Sonos system and file sharing.
And I also use Samba to access /jffs, /etc and /mnt as easy accesa for developing on my test routers.

Ok I hada chance to format a dsic to ext4 and named the device EXT4 the system log looks like this:
Code:
Feb  7 15:49:56 amtm: Running disk check 'e2fsck -p' on /dev/sda1
Feb  7 15:49:57 amtm: Disk check done on /dev/sda1
Feb  7 15:49:57 syslog: USB ext4 fs at /dev/sda1 mounted on /tmp/mnt/sda1
Feb  7 15:49:57 usb: USB ext4 fs at /dev/sda1 mounted on /tmp/mnt/sda1.
Feb  7 15:49:57 kernel: EXT4-fs (sda1): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: user_xattr
The "fdl" looks like this:
Code:
 ---------------------------------------------------
 /jffs/amtm-format-disk.log has this content:

START FILE, --- lines are not part of file
 amtm format disk log Thu, 07 Feb 2019 15:46:16 -0600

Zeroing disk and creating partition on /tmp/mnt/DISK_IMG

Device contains neither a valid DOS partition table, nor Sun, SGI, OSF or GPT disklabel
 Building a new DOS disklabel. Changes will remain in memory only,
 until you decide to write them. After that the previous content
 won't be recoverable.

Command (m for help): Building a new DOS disklabel. Changes will remain in memory only,
 until you decide to write them. After that the previous content
 won't be recoverable.

Command (m for help): Command action
    e   extended
    p   primary partition (1-4)
 Partition number (1-4): First cylinder (1-1023, default 1): Using default value 1
 Last cylinder or +size or +sizeM or +sizeK (1-1023, default 1023): Using default value 1023

Command (m for help): The partition table has been altered.
 Calling ioctl() to re-read partition table

Formatting as "ext4", enabling journalling

Creating filesystem with 983040 4k blocks and 246240 inodes
 Filesystem UUID: df5a0dff-e74b-4b52-a5ac-860c2f7af3d8
 Superblock backups stored on blocks:
        32768, 98304, 163840, 229376, 294912, 819200, 884736

Allocating group tables: done
 Writing inode tables: done
 Creating journal (16384 blocks): done
 Writing superblocks and filesystem accounting information: done

Setting device label "EXT4"

tune2fs 1.42.13 (17-May-2015)

END FILE
The drive mounts without a name as /dev/sba1

@thelonelycoder Here is a little niggle I get on my AC86U, not a big deal really, but I know you are a perfectionist and love to squash bugs. :)

I run from AMTM, chose Diversion, then f follow log file, then Ctrl-E to exit, then when I choose E to exit back to AMTM, it dumps me to command line. It is repeatable for me, I've run this six times and it happens every time.
Code:
  ____  _                    _ 
 |  _ \(_)_   _____ _ __ ___(_) ___  _ __ 
 | | | | \ \ / / _ \ '__/ __| |/ _ \| '_ \ 
 | |_| | |\ V /  __/ |  \__ \ | (_) | | | |
 |____/|_| \_/ \___|_|  |___/_|\___/|_| |_|
 Goodbye
[redacted]@RT-AC86U-[redacted]:/tmp/home/root#

I have just installed amtm on my new AX88U, all gone well. However, when I type amtm on the command line to start amtm, it says that it is not found!

The only way I know how to start it is to run the install script again. When I do that, the amtm installation is already there.

I have successfully installed a swap file, and rebooted the router, but still the problem of actually starting amtm remains.

Can you help please?

I have just installed amtm on my new AX88U, all gone well. However, when I type amtm on the command line to start amtm, it says that it is not found!

The only way I know how to start it is to run the install script again. When I do that, the amtm installation is already there.

I have successfully installed a swap file, and rebooted the router, but still the problem of actually starting amtm remains.

Can you help please?
Run
Code:
sh /jffs/scripts/amtm
once and it will auto magically fix itself so calling it with just amtm from /tmp/home/root will work!

Make sure Entware is also installed otherwise you can't run amtm with just writing "amtm"

Last edited:

Can you help please?
I also noticed this when I recently reinstalled. However, the problem went away when I installed Skynet, so I did not need to pursue it.

Last edited:

Can you help please?
To start amtm enter this into your terminal:
Code:
/jffs/scripts/amtm
If Entware is installed on the router, start amtm with this command.
Diversion installs Entware by default, amtm has an option to do so.
Code:
amtm

amtm 1.8 is now available

What's new in amtm 1.8
- Various code and text corrections
- Reorganized UI: bigger, better, amtm!
- New option to set reboot scheduler (rs) via cron job, as opposed to the WebUI reboot scheduler which uses an internal mechanism to reboot the router. The WebUI scheduler may not properly unmount devices when rebooting, here's my remedy.
- Additionally uses md5sum beside the version number to compare versions when using u to check for an amtm update.
- Format disk fd uses Entware package lsof (list open files) to show what's stopping the unmounting of the device.
- I'm pleased to welcome YazFi to the amtm collection of favorite SNBForum scripts!

How to update to this latest version
Use u to update amtm

GRMHK07.png

What's new in amtm 1.8
- New option to set reboot scheduler (rs) via cron job, as opposed to the WebUI reboot scheduler which uses an internal mechanism to reboot the router. The WebUI scheduler may not properly unmount devices when rebooting, here's my remedy.
- Additionally uses md5sum beside the version number to compare versions when using u to check for an amtm update.
- Format disk fd uses Entware package lsof (list open files) to show what's stopping the unmounting of the device.
- I'm pleased to welcome YazFi to the amtm collection of favorite SNBForum scripts!

Use u to update amtm

GRMHK07.png

Had a quick tour of the new and improved amtm 1.8 and like the improvements. YazFi is a great addition to amtm.

I'm also looking forward to when FreshJR_QOS is also included in amtm too! (FreshJR! hint hint) :)

What's new in amtm 1.8

Use u to update amtm

GRMHK07.png
Congratulations on the new release of AMTM. It has really evolved. The additional functionality added since it was birthed has been a big help to the community.

Had a quick tour of the new and improved amtm 1.8 and like the improvements. YazFi is a great addition to amtm.

I'm also looking forward to when FreshJR_QOS is also included in amtm too! (FreshJR! hint hint) :)
I read about @FreshJR 's intention but so far no news on his (her?) progress.
It will have to wait until I release the next version.

What's new in amtm 1.8

Use u to update amtm

GRMHK07.png
[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122] thanks!!!!

Sent from S.G. S9+ Duos

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122] thanks!!!!

Sent from S.G. S9+ Duos
You're welcome.

Sent from my iPad on the balcony with a big mug of hot fresh coffee and an unrestricted view of the snow covered alps.

Sent from my iPad on the balcony with a big mug of hot fresh coffee and an unrestricted view of the snow covered alps.

That's a calming/peaceful image you've put in my mind! Thank you. :)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!