What's new

Any Asus router for gigabit wifi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

This is better, more accurate statement.
In summary @KOA needs the following:

- AX router with 160MHz channel support
- AX clients (most are 2-stream)
- 160MHz wide channel (if possible)

Router upgrade only is not enough. The above requirements may eventually give him Gigabit speed on Wi-Fi, to one client at a time and relatively close to the router.

In some rare cases 4-stream AC or 2-stream AC client with 160MHz support may also reach Gigabit speed. A router with 80MHz+80MHz (non DFS) has a better chance for stability than 160MHz consecutive (using DFS).

Router upgrade only is not enough. The above requirements may eventually give him Gigabit speed on Wi-Fi, to one client at a time and relatively close to the router.

In some rare cases 4-stream AC or 2-stream AC client with 160MHz support may also reach Gigabit speed. A router with 80MHz+80MHz (non DFS) has a better chance for stability than 160MHz consecutive (using DFS).
which router does that?
I have killer AX1650 card.
Distance is not the issue, it is hardly 10 feet.

That depends on the radio environment. I was able to bump some routers that were on DFS channels by occupying them as the routers were set for auto channel. Once I did this I set my router for channel 100 160 wide and nobody returned. The only downside I've found being on the DFS channel is that 2.4 GHz comes up immediately on router start and there is the required delay for 5 GHz. This results in some devices connecting to 2.4 GHz and sticking. I solved this by blocking devices I want on the faster 5 GHz.

Morris

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!