What's new

Any free single management UI for separate router and ap setup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

brchan

New Around Here
What holds me back the most from switching to a separate router and AP setup is that I really like the consolidated info on the Asuswrt UI. Being able to see all nodes in a list sorted by wireless bands is one view I don't think I would get if I split things up. I do have a pihole running separately, but the idea of too many web UIs is not appealing.

I know there are cloud managed systems that consolidate all the pieces into one UI. Are there any local web UIs that will do the same? And any of them allow different brands of equipment?

How do people here handle managing settings across equipment?

What holds me back the most from switching to a separate router and AP setup is that I really like the consolidated info on the Asuswrt UI. Being able to see all nodes in a list sorted by wireless bands is one view I don't think I would get if I split things up.
Don't know what you're looking for exactly, but that view certainly still exists in an ASUS unit set up in plain Access Point mode.

Don't know what you're looking for exactly, but that view certainly still exists in an ASUS unit set up in plain Access Point mode.
As an example, if I setup my RT-N66U as a wired router only and my RT-AX92U as an AP. I can login to the 66U and see what devices have DHCP but not sorted by band that the 92U has because it doesn't know them. I've seen cloud management UI that can show all the devices across multiple APs and where they are connected to. So I'm wondering if cloud management is the only way to manage multiple devices or only enterprise level gets these consolidated interfaces?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!