What's new

Anyone can share best settings for AX-86U with latest factory firmware?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It depends on the devices, what they choose. I don't like that. On my mobile devices, I only associate with the SSID/radio/band I want to use the device with.

Makes sence of corse and that's what I did setting up the router. Apparently one is not enough for second floor, so I've just ordered another RT-AX86U. I also found a way to use LAN cable for backhaul. From your experience will node connected via LAN backhaul provide close/same theoretical wifi speed and most importantly latency as if wireless client be connected to the main router?

If you have experience, what would be best way to connect LAN backhau:

Router: use 2.5g LAN as WAN and use WAN port as LAN for backhaul
Or use 2.5G LAN for backhaul (donno if it's possible)

Node: where should backhaul LAN be connected, LAN1, WAN or 2.5G LAN?

Sorry for million questions and thanks again for comprehensive answers.

I'm so sorry, I misspelled the thread as 2.5Hz backhaul. Will get through it now. Thanks again.

Using Asuswrt 386. Was recommended to look at Merlin after stable release is available :)

Oh darn, I never ever changed much if at all when upgrading router firmware. Only click upload and done :)
Now I am seriously considering a DELETE ALL install and new SSID just so involved...
This can only be done with the family away or we have a major situation :)