What's new

Applying multiple QoS rules

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

argh

New Around Here
I've got a current Bandwidth Limiter rule that is set via script (e.g. nvram set qos_bw_rulelist="$1>192.168.1.0/24>700>700>0").

I'd like to also set guest network 1 (192.168.101.x) limits in a similar fashion. Is it necessary to run restart_qos and restart_firewall after each assignment of qos_bw_rulelist?

Once all your nvram changes are made, run:
Code:
nvram commit
service "restart_qos;restart_firewall"

It's as simple as having multiple lines setting nvram set qos_bw_rulelist and all I'd need to do is commit and restart the services once?

Having tested this previously, I ran into a situation where only the second nvram set qos_bw_rulelist applied (and was the sole entry in the list).

Would the priority be 0 for the first and 1 for the second rule? Additionally, does qos_bw_rulelist take precedence over the Guest Network bandwidth setting?

Last edited:
Having tested this previously, I ran into a situation where only the second nvram set qos_bw_rulelist applied (and was the sole entry in the list).
Each nvram set qos_bw_rulelist command completely replaces the previous value. There is no “cumulative addition” of entries.

Interesting. What would be the proper way to go about setting the bandwidth limits for guest network 1 (which I assume is wl0.1) for scripts?

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!